Photobucket

eye30 · 6 · 1066

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Had an email from them to say my account has been deactivated as they no longer provide free accounts.

They will reinstate if I pay.

I have not used for many years so no loss to me.

Was wondering if a scam so has anyone else had this email?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
By heck Lester, I used Photobucket a very long time ago.  I've heard nothing from them but I shall be on the lookout and letcha kn ow if I hear anything.   :goodjob: :goodjob:  Otherwise, I tend to treat most unexpected arrivals as scam these days, that's the World we live in I guess. :victory: :victory: :victory:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Many years ago they started charging and everyone moved to other options.
They eventually reversed the decision but it was too late.

Haven't heard from them since.

Sounds like a scam.
They wouldn't just cut you off. They'd let you know first to give you time to pay.
  • 2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 6sp Manual. formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
As Trevor said, they made the mistake of blocking IMG links from free accounts with little prior warning, before back-tracking and reinstating a temporary channel to allow photos to display, but that was too late for so many account holders (incl myself).

I think the email could possibly be genuine - you could forward it to me and I'll analyse the message headers to see, but in all reality I'd just ignore it.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Some years ago  I was advised that they were going to close all free accounts by a certain date together with advice on how you could download the images as jpg's to your computer - which I intended to host them elsewhere and edit my old posts with new links. However, I never got round to doing this..

The photobucket pictures I posted on this forum many years ago do not show  - so my account is definitely closed.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
As Trevor said, they made the mistake of blocking IMG links from free accounts with little prior warning, before back-tracking and reinstating a temporary channel to allow photos to display, but that was too late for so many account holders (incl myself).

I think the email could possibly be genuine - you could forward it to me and I'll analyse the message headers to see, but in all reality I'd just ignore it.
Steve,

I've sent the email to you to do your Inspector Gadget on it.

Cheers.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal