i30 Owners Club

Reduce height of boot floor in I30 Tourer

Offline uhrobbo

• 1st Gear

• Portsmouth
Hiya,

The boot of the 2017-  I30 Tourer is level with the tail gate. I understand why some people might like this but for me it seems like a waste of space (the storage compartments under the boot are not nearly as flexible as having more space above the boot floor). Has anyone tried reducing the height of the boot floor by replacing the under floor storage with something lower profile?
  • I30 Tourer 2017

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome,

In the 2017 PD hatch it was designed so you could drop the floor into a lower slot. If you can't do that in yours it should be easy enough to get a piece of light board cut to fit the lower level and the felt type carpet they use is easy enough to source. I worked out I gained about 35 extra handy litres dropping mine. Would be even more in the tourer.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
maybe the lower a rails are missing or something? I recall someone posted to say they had to buy the lower rails - not sure  what year and if it was the tourer.

Offline uhrobbo

• 1st Gear

• Portsmouth
The under storage on the tourer is spilt into 4 different compartments. Left, right, next to the tail gate and over the spare wheel, each compartment has it's own lid / boot floor. The storage between the spare wheel and the bottom of the boot is the only but that seems to be removable. I guess I might have to saw the others down but I'd rather do that to a spare set. Any ideas what the part numbers are, or where I might be able to find them?
  • I30 Tourer 2017

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
maybe the lower a rails are missing or something? I recall someone posted to say they had to buy the lower rails - not sure  what year and if it was the tourer.

That was a hatch Lorian which was chaged in 2018 or 19. One of our members sourced the bits to convert it to dual height if I remember correctly.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal