By: The Gonz

* Fuel Calculator

Who's Online

* Unique Visitors

Free counters!

Recent Topics

March 19, 2017, 04:06:09 by Dazzler | Views: 907 | Comments: 25

i30 in the news
The Director of Marketing for Hyundai Australia (Oliver Mann) was kind enough to contact the Admin of the Club recently to invite us to be involved in the launch of the new PD (series 3) i30 in Australia - (Sydney)

Obviously I would have loved to be one of those involved but unfortunately I have other commitments during the 1st week of April when the event is scheduled to happen.  :Pout:

So, after a bit of a ring around I have organised for Trevor (Surferdude) from the Sunshine Coast and Neville (i30Premy) from Sydney to attend.

They will join Dealer Representatives and I assume Journalists in viewing the presentation and being amongst some of the 1st to drive it! Hyundai is going to support their involvemen...
March 14, 2017, 11:26:24 by buston87 | Views: 415 | Comments: 5

Windows
Any help would be great. Passenger and back windows are all working fine. Any suggestions/help/vids/pics etc would be brill. Thanks in advance :goodjob2:
March 09, 2017, 22:54:12 by tw2005 | Views: 1946 | Comments: 59

Glow Plug
No, unfortunately this is not a tutorial yet. But here's my cheap and nasty extraction kit for about $40 from Ebay.

No instructions supplied, oh great.

Feel free to help out

March 06, 2017, 12:17:20 by marabak | Views: 395 | Comments: 8

Bulbs
Hey. I had an issue a while ago where both dipped beam bulbs blew and as I'm a stupid numpty, I removed the main beam bulb on the passenger side by accident. I quickly realised my mistake and popped it back in. Unfortunately, since then it hasn't worked. I thought I had blown the bulb by handling it or something, and fancied a change overall so I ordered some Osram Cool Blue Intense replacements for the main beam, dipped and sidelights and got around to fitting them today.

Unfortunately, the main beam bulb on the passenger side still doesn't work. I can't find my multimeter and it is getting dark now, so I have had to call it a day in trying to fix the issue. However, some of my problem solving has narrowed the issue down to the ...
March 03, 2017, 14:57:52 by Donk10 | Views: 546 | Comments: 13

Fuel Injection
Hi all I've just collected my 2010 i30 comfort 1.4 petrol this morning from a used car garage. All was well until later in the day I noticed the engine warning light was staying on, I drove over to the dealership and they put it on the diagnostics and reported back to me that it needed a new fuel injector pump. They're gonna sort it out but I'm not sure if it will solve the following issue I've noticed. The revs don't seem to drop below 1000rpm even with my foot off the gas and when I hold the car on the bite I have to hold the revs at around 2000rpm to stop the car from stalling. Is this normal behaviour for this car or is the fault the garage picked up? Im a little worried I've bought a dud but as this is my first car I really am not sure...
February 25, 2017, 23:35:05 by kroner | Views: 1023 | Comments: 28

Radiator
Hi All.

my i30 has reached 100ks and it's time for a coolant change, on top of that, while checking in cold, noticed the reservoir was lower than low.
though no problems with overheating.

I'd like to get another 100ks out of the coolant, Is it OK to go for the red Nulon red, instead of the green? and if so, how many liters do I need?

February 19, 2017, 18:46:37 by milto93 | Views: 878 | Comments: 19

Wont Start
Hi,

I've been having some trouble with my 2011 i30 as of late. When the engine is cold it takes up to 5-6 goes to start, it started off as a rough start and has been getting progressively worse over the last couple of months. If I start the engine again after a few hours (so its not fully cold) there is no issue, and while driving there is no problems. Only has trouble when i start it in the morning or after being at work. I've included a video, i only started recording after a few attempts at starting it.

The car has has been into Hyundai and no fault codes came up, while it was there the latest software update ...
February 11, 2017, 02:59:00 by fifthwheel | Views: 1575 | Comments: 33

Glow Plug
Hi. I'm new to diesel and to the i30 but heard many good things about it so I bought a 2008 1.6 CRDi with 87 megameters on the clock.

Problem:
White / blue smoke emitted from exhaust on start. Persists until engine is warm (about 30 seconds).
Also rough idle on start. Persists until engine is warm.

Observations:
80 amp glow plug fusible link blown.

Testing and diagnosis:
Checked continuity of plugs using multimeter set to measure resistance. All readings below 1 Ohm.
Checked potential between fuse box terminal (not connected to number 1 glow plug) and battery. Reading is 12.7 volts.
Glow plug relay tested for continuity using a 12 volt source to close the relay 'switch'. Relay ...
February 10, 2017, 15:35:43 by matt-b | Views: 1224 | Comments: 22

Rear Struts
Hello

This is my first message on here so please be nice!  :)

Me and the wife are expecting our first baby in July and require a car that is suitable for the bags, pram etc that come with having a little he or she.

The model we are looking at is around a 2013/2014 i30 version.

Does anyone have any experience of what prams fit and don't fit in the boot and how people find using the Isofix seating?

Thanks for you're time, any help will be great.

Matt
February 10, 2017, 05:50:42 by ReluctantLaunderer | Views: 1239 | Comments: 25

Gearbox
I bought my 2010 i30 CW second hand about a year ago. It now has now done about 55,000 ks.  It's my first automatic and has driven fine. Just after Christmas the malfunction indicator light went on. A bit over a week later it went off a minute or 2 after starting up, with a loud beep.

I finally got it in to the local hyundai dealer to read the error codes and they tell me it needs a new transmission, about $5k all up. From reading some other posts, it seems that this may be a bit of an issue with some i30s around this distance?  Is this true, does anyone have any insughs or suggestions about how to proceed, other than sucking it up and getting a new transmission?  :)

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.  Cars ar...
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Calendar

December 2017
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

* This Week's Heroes

Dazzler Dazzler
77 Posts