• Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 16
  • Dot Users Online:

* Unique Visitors

Free counters!

Recent Topics

December 23, 2017, 01:21:00 by Mark70 | Views: 673 | Comments: 9

Air Con
This is not a problem, nor an issue, so I'm obviously posting in the wrong forum, but:
Does anyone else have an i30 PD (MY2018) Diesel with DCT?
Does your engine fan stay on for 50 seconds after turning the engine off, every time
, irrespective of outside temperature, engine temperature, length of trip or recent engine load?
Even just moving a cold car on a frosty morning, just a few meters, in icy conditions?

I imagine there is probably a hard-coded 50-second timer which simply keeps the (radiator?) fan running for those 50 seconds, irresective of anything.
Probably to protect the turbo or similar high-temperature component, which if cooling stopped right away would burn any oil still in ...
December 17, 2017, 04:08:03 by Zulliz | Views: 446 | Comments: 8

Hi guys i have a question since its  been less than 3  degrees celsius here my car starts with idle rpm around 700 and after a couple of seconds goes up to the normal 1000rpm,is this normal when cold? Cant remember if it did it last year :)
December 13, 2017, 14:53:17 by Paolo39 | Views: 340 | Comments: 7

Hi Guys,
I have leak coming from oil filter housing. I am suspecting o-ring damaged.
Is it possible to replace it, without having to drain oil?
December 13, 2017, 09:16:24 by naser_1998x | Views: 574 | Comments: 24

Hey guys,
Say you did a complete flush of your cooling system and poured new fluid. But then later you find out that you have air in your system, how would you go on about removing that air? Some people say that there is a place near the thermostat were there is a little screw which you unbolt and fill radiator up to the top, then once coolant starts coming out you start the car up and the air gets removed. But we only have coolant reservoir on the i30 2011 (FD)?

Many thanks!
December 11, 2017, 20:03:40 by naser_1998x | Views: 532 | Comments: 13

Brake Pads
Hey guys, I have a Hyundai i30 2011 FD 1.6. I want to bleed the breaks on it, however, which wheel do you recommend to start with first? every person on youtube says something different. Also, do you recommend the one person method or the two person method? Which is the most safest?
And is DOT 3 better than DOT 4 break fluid or scrap all that and get the genuine Hyundai brake fluid?
And is there torque specs for the screw that you take off to bleed the valve?
Many thanks
December 10, 2017, 07:06:45 by andre83440 | Views: 680 | Comments: 14

Check Engine Light
When I bought the car from new there was a faulty emission sensor that meant the EMS warning light was on permanently. This was replaced under warranty and has been fine until this week when "Hello again" and the familiar orange warning light appeared on the dash.  The car is running smooth as anything (especially as it has just had a new warranty gearbox!). Should I rush to the nearest dealership or is this a regular feature of the i30 ?

Is there an easy way to find out WHY this light is on WITHOUT going to a dealership?

Comments appreciated  :D
December 09, 2017, 23:49:59 by kroner | Views: 431 | Comments: 11

Hi All.

probably a silly question, so apologies in advance.
a while ago I noticed my stock wipers squeaking, so I replaced the rubber strip for some el cheapo I bought from supercheap auto in Oz.
Didn't seem to do much to be honest, though now it's more of a chattering noise.

I wiped the windscreen very well with glass cleaner, as well as the wipers to no avail.

am I missing something?
what products do you guys recommend?
when it does rain, it very annoying!

December 09, 2017, 02:08:02 by Liisa | Views: 1289 | Comments: 35

Wont Start
Hi all, I'm hoping I can get some help. So I have read other issues relating to starting issues with older models of the I30 however I've taken my car to Hyundai several times and they are not helping at all.

So the thing is, I own a 2017 sr model since august. When it's a cold start the car turns on fine however after using it and then having it unused for 30mins-3hrs, when I come to turn it back on the car really struggles to start, sometimes I have to turn it off and back on as the noise it makes is not normal. Sometimes the imboliser light stays on and recently so has the engine light. This happens on a regular basis.

I've taken it back to where it gets serviced at least 4times since buying it and they keep it for ...
December 06, 2017, 21:39:27 by JHI30 | Views: 1345 | Comments: 51

Hi All,

I need to replace my turbo on my 2008 crdi after 200,000km. Iíve been quoted a ridiculous amount to replace it. I already have the Garret replacement turbo and wanted to give this a go myself. Has anyone done this before themselves? It doesnít appear to be too difficult but wanted to know if thereís anything important I need to know about? I have new oil, gaskets, oil feed line etc... Has anyone got a workshop manual that details the step / process? Just want to make sure Iím not missing anything

Thanks in advance.
December 04, 2017, 00:37:32 by Deadduck | Views: 791 | Comments: 17

Kangaroo start
Hi everyone I have bought myself an i30 1.6L diesel auto and love it, but I have a slight problem. It will do it cold or hot and any speed braking or not, it's just complety random.

I will just be driving along then all of a sudden it will jolt (like someones tapped on the brakes hard for less than a second) it has 230 tho kms on the clock when it happens; the revs drop off and come back up. I have replaced the engine as the old one has bad timing rattle then i accidentally cooked it but i used the injector and pump that came on the new one. Got it all coded done diesel filter air ect; it did it on the old engine and also now the new one.

Anyone have any ideas where to look or what it could be? thanks
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 15

March 2018
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* This Week's Heroes

Dazzler Dazzler
115 Posts