i30 Owners Club

2016 i30

Offline singer61

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      lanarkshire,scotland
hi  i just joined tonite and getting rid of my 7 year old focus which has beeen brill,  im thinkin of gettin an i 30  and wonder what model you would all recommend, i do about 9000 miles a year to and from work and away camping at times , boot is big i=enough , im used to 1.6 petrol engine , any suggestions guys and girls

thank you

singer61
  • i30

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi,
We bought our Activex 6/12/16, put 7500 kms on it so far.
1 door handle finish,  found a paint chip and dodgy repair  are the only probs.
Leather seats,  folding mirrors and nice alloys.
Comfy and easy to travel in, 450km in one stint
We went with the X as that had all we were after.
Around town 8/100, long drives 6/100 .
If heated seats etc are on your radar, then write a list and pick what suits your wants.

As far as a long term, reliable, cheap to run unit-you found it 😀👍
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline dnalor50

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
hi  i just joined tonite and getting rid of my 7 year old focus which has beeen brill,  im thinkin of gettin an i 30  and wonder what model you would all recommend, i do about 9000 miles a year to and from work and away camping at times , boot is big i=enough , im used to 1.6 petrol engine , any suggestions guys and girls

thank you

singer61

I traded a 2006 LS Focus manual on a 2015 i30 SR. In terms of handling and interior (boot)space the cars are similar.In terms of quietness (engine noise , road noise and wind noise) the i30 is better. The Ford engine with its timing chain made an awful clatter (but timing chains last longer than belts).Things like the door-locks, boot lid, bonnet lock and general finish seem to be more solid and durable on the Hyundai.

If you are thinking of buying a manual make sure you thoroughly check out the gear-change! In my opinion the i30 manual transmission is far inferior to the Focus. I have discussed this in detail elsewhere on this site.
  • Hyundai i30 SR 2.0 GDI 2015 White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome singer61,

These other chaps with the Active X and SR are in Australia, which gets different choices to you. Our hatches are built in Korea, yours in the Czech Republic. 

Might be worth you kooking at the Tourer (wagon) with the 1.6 GDi petrol motor. No sky rocket off the lights but a nice torquey little motor on the highway. The 1.6 diesel has even more pulling power but needs a substantial motorway run every few weeks to clear the Diesel particulate filter  (DPF)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
With only 9000 miles a year I would stick with petrol, but if you're not in a hurry why not wait for the new i30 with 1,0 or 1,4 T-GDi..?
1,0 have 170 Nm, about the same as your current 1,6, but will have much better fuel economy.
1,4 have 240 Nm, that's almost like diesel..  :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal