i30 Owners Club

Crankcase ventilation

Offline nvo2002

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gippsland
I have read countless number of posts etc on the web with regards to blanking or removing the EGR.No one has mentioned about addressing the crankcase vapours (crap) going back into the inlet for another round of combustion.Since my i30 1.6 crdi is now out of warranty I feel it's time for me to service the vehicle .First thing was too see how much oily sludge was in the crankcase ventilation pipe.As I had expected quite a fair bit.I have blocked the pipe that goes to the inlet pipe and other end from the rocker cover I extended it  to be located  underneath the vehicle so as to  vent the crankcase vapours out to atmosphere .
Next will be the EGR  which will need a little bit of more attention as not to throw any codes.

Regards Andrew
  • I30cw 1.6crdi

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Good luck. Andrew. I saw all that done on 1980s petrol engines but I really don't know how it would go with modern ECU-driven diesels. :wink:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline nvo2002

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gippsland
Yeah I  know where you are coming from.I did it to my Nissan 4x4 in 1989 diesel and its still going strong.I will update results for the i30 in a couple of months.I don't see a problem but I have been wrong before!!!!

Regards Andrew
  • I30cw 1.6crdi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal