Heads up re FB friends request

eye30 · 7 · 1978

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Yesterday i received an email for a friends request from a person i did not know.

So rather than clicking accept in the email i logged on fb and checked my friend request section.

This request was not showing so i can only conclude that this is a scam and deleted the email.

Doing a search there is no current scam showing.

Has anyone else received fb friends request from a person who they do not know, just  clicked accept?

what happened?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I've had FB requests from strange people going by the names of "Les Ro", "Wirral Bike Monkey" and "Scouse Booz Boy".

Accepted them all, no problem :snigger:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

I've had FB requests from strange people going by the names of "Les Ro", "Wirral Bike Monkey" and "Scouse Booz Boy".

Accepted them all, no problem :snigger:
Deffo scammers.........

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I get random friend requests from attractive young women all the time Lester..(at least one a month)  I can only assume they find me more desirable than you mate.. :snigger:

I don't accept friend requests from people I don't know as it gives them access to stuff only visible to friends and over the long term has to increase your risk of them trying to scam you out of money or cloning your profile which can obviously lead to all sorts of issues.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

I get random friend requests from attractive young women all the time Lester..(at least one a month)  I can only assume they find me more desirable than you mate.. :snigger:

I don't accept friend requests from people I don't know as it gives them access to stuff only visible to friends and over the long term has to increase your risk of them trying to scam you out of money or cloning your profile which can obviously lead to all sorts of issues.
Dazz

What i'm saying is the email wasn't confirmed by my fb page having an outstanding friend request so email wasn't genuine fb generated.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Oh, I see. I get all sort of dodgy requests via email. If in doubt I just delete the. I have had two friends hacked recently where I  got emails with a dodgy link from them. Luckily I smelt a rat both times!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I haven't had any unrecognised FB requests like that.
Occasionally you get a friend request from someone who is already a friend.
They get deleted but it's amazing how often other "friends" of that person accept the request.

I also get the occasional one through Skype.

My sister-in-law is funny.
She worked for 30 years at Griffith Uni and utterly believed their IT people when they assured her that their system was secure.
But twice over the years, my wife has opened attachments from her through her Uni account and ended up with problems which took me ages to rectify.
One required a complete re-load of all software.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal