i30 Owners Club

It's that time again

Craig · 3 · 1236

Offline Craig

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Glasgow
Hi all,

Weird little time issue today.  Was nearing work and noticed that the time on the clock (now in sync via the magic of RDS), was six hours at 52 minutes out.  Ten minutes before it had been fine, and a minute later it was correct again, so I suspect it was only wrong for a minute or so, but it was very wrong.

Has anyone else ever had their clock set itself to totally the wrong time then go back a short time later?  It went to '2:00' some time between about 08:40 and 08:52 and then was right again at 08:53.  Is this actually a weird error message or symptom of something more sinister?
  • 2010 i30 1.6 CRDi comfort auto (pre facelift) & 2017 Hyundai Ioniq hybrid

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
When the auto time first came about in Hyundai's I saw a lot of complaints similar but only an hour or so out.
Hyundai told us it was because the unit was grabbing from another satellite that had a different time.
I took this info with a grain of salt and set all the radios to manual GMT setting. None complained since.

That being said your unit would be different to the Australian models I suspect.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Mine change from gmt to bst within 10 minutes of me first going out in the car on the morning of the change in time.

Went from 8.45 when i first started the car to 9.55 when i next checked with no back and forth that i can recall.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal