i30 Owners Club

Replacing Wipers

eXDee · 1 · 1124

Offline eXDee

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
The rubber on mine is degrading and it's time for something better.

I was doing research and given half the internet seems like it's USA based, I came across the Bosch Icon as one of the recommended wipers. It seems this is the American sibling of the Bosch Aerotwin, which also gets high ratings. My current wipers design looks very similar, which is a good sign.

The current wipers are push button, also known as toplock. Some have the old style hook in some markets. And I imagine it may be different again for the GD.

Sizes for the FD cw seem to be 600mm, 450mm and 300mm for driver, passenger, and rear. Right hand drive.

I'm looking at the range on Wiperblades.co.uk. They have a twin pack for this model with this fitting type, but it seems I can save a few more dollars buying the multi fit model in single packs as they are 20% off. AM600U for example. Here's the pdf reference http://aa-boschap-nz.resource.bosch.com/media/parts/service_parts__auto_parts/wipers_service_parts/documents/aerotwin_mult_clip_a4_brochure_2013_fin.pdf
LANDROVER10 gives a further 10% off.

Any comments before I buy? Will post feedback once they arrive and are fitted, assuming no one thinks there's a better option to get instead.
  • 2009 i30cw CRDi Elite

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal