i30 Owners Club

Bridge camera versus mobile.

ABSi30 · 6 · 1537

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
I have noticed how a lot more people are using their mobile phones to take pictures and videos against camera users. Obviously a lot lighter to have to hump around. With this I have been looking to buy the attached lens fisheye and macro that clip onto your phone. The phone I use has a 20 meg pixel camera. On Amazon they are around £10 for the lens. Has anyone been using the attached lens and if they are good or bad. I can then take my car pictures fiddle with them to put onto the site. Or let my son do it which is more up my street.
Thanks.

• 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 CRDi auto White.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I tried a telephoto attachment for my Samsung Galaxy but I found it impossible to avoid camera shake at longer focal lengths. I find a phone difficult to hold steady and keep my fingers from intruding in the shot. In addition, the resolution was impaired even when I held the phone against a fixed object to steady it. I concluded that cheap attachments are more a gimmick than practical.

I have just replaced my large bridge camera with a compact camera that is proving to be very satisfactory - as stated in my thread on the topic.

:link: A New Camera

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I've been wondering about those  lens attachments that clip onto your mobile too. I decided if you are going to lug something like that around you may as well just take your camera with you as well as your mobile (if you have a compact one).

It's a  bit sad in a way that good mobiles have taken over from compact cameras. My current mobile LG G4 takes amazing quality photos which are not far behind the Sony DSC-HX20V compact camera I have sitting in the cupboard. I do miss the 20x optical zoom very occasionally though.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
May just invest in the lenses for my mobile. It's things like this that I love to play with. I have recently got myself a usb microscope that was well worth the money. Hope a screen sho comes on with this post. If it does will have to try and photo my car with it.

direct image link

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
It worked so now to get my i30  under the microscope. Life is one long road.

"IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY TRY AND TRY AGAIN."

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Microscope is nice and clear!  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal