Author Topic: Bridge camera versus mobile.  (Read 122 times)

• gb United Kingdom
    North East, England
Bridge camera versus mobile.
« June 18, 2017, 15:49:31 »
I have noticed how a lot more people are using their mobile phones to take pictures and videos against camera users. Obviously a lot lighter to have to hump around. With this I have been looking to buy the attached lens fisheye and macro that clip onto your phone. The phone I use has a 20 meg pixel camera. On Amazon they are around 10 for the lens. Has anyone been using the attached lens and if they are good or bad. I can then take my car pictures fiddle with them to put onto the site. Or let my son do it which is more up my street.
Thanks.

• 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 auto White.

• Geriatric Teenager
  • england England
    Solihull, UK
  • KIA Niro 2 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Re: Bridge camera versus mobile.
« Reply #1 : June 18, 2017, 16:01:02 »
I tried a telephoto attachment for my Samsung Galaxy but I found it impossible to avoid camera shake at longer focal lengths. I find a phone difficult to hold steady and keep my fingers from intruding in the shot. In addition, the resolution was impaired even when I held the phone against a fixed object to steady it. I concluded that cheap attachments are more a gimmick than practical.

I have just replaced my large bridge camera with a compact camera that is proving to be very satisfactory - as stated in my thread on the topic.

:link: A New Camera

• 2017 KIA Niro 2 1.6 petrol Hybrid

• Laughter is the Best Medicine...
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
« Reply #2 : June 18, 2017, 16:10:24 »
I've been wondering about those  lens attachments that clip onto your mobile too. I decided if you are going to lug something like that around you may as well just take your camera with you as well as your mobile (if you have a compact one).

It's a  bit sad in a way that good mobiles have taken over from compact cameras. My current mobile LG G4 takes amazing quality photos which are not far behind the Sony DSC-HX20V compact camera I have sitting in the cupboard. I do miss the 20x optical zoom very occasionally though.
  • 2014 Calais V & 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer (Prev had 2008  i30 CRDi & MY11 Petrol CW)

• Author
  • gb United Kingdom
    North East, England
« Reply #3 : June 18, 2017, 17:28:33 »
May just invest in the lenses for my mobile. It's things like this that I love to play with. I have recently got myself a usb microscope that was well worth the money. Hope a screen sho comes on with this post. If it does will have to try and photo my car with it.

direct image link

• Author
  • gb United Kingdom
    North East, England
« Reply #4 : June 18, 2017, 17:31:56 »
It worked so now to get my i30  under the microscope. Life is one long road.

"IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY TRY AND TRY AGAIN."

• Laughter is the Best Medicine...
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
« Reply #5 : June 18, 2017, 18:19:44 »
Microscope is nice and clear!  :victory:
  • 2014 Calais V & 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer (Prev had 2008  i30 CRDi & MY11 Petrol CW)