i30 Owners Club

Huyndai KONA !

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
So i sit here at work just randomly surfing the net, andthis thing poops up on my screen  :Shocked:
what is this ?? is this something that just came out ? I was a bit shocked by the look of this I'm not entirely sure how i feel.

More here
:link: 2017 Hyundai Kona SUV price, specs and release date | carwow

I looks insane! like a SUV competitor or someting mad stuff, I'm not sure how i feel about this car , i has some good features but then again the front is odd  I'm not a massive fan of the rear "plastic " bits  and the headlights , its like its squinting xD lol  not sure how I feel about that either.

Worst part  the NAME   " KONA " in  Norwegian Means " wife  "haha ,, ... it does look like a " wife's " kind of car, so maybe they knew about it lol xD

And to me it looks like they based it of the " Citroen Cactus"  somehow,

what are your guys take on this xD 

my first post here!  :crazy1:

take care all  :mrgreen:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Due in Ozz in September I believe  :goodjob:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Glac, Several of us older folks on here are a bit interested in the Kona. I'm not in love with the styling,  but don't exactly hate it either.  With a good combination of access, storage, features and performance plus Hyundai's superior warranty it ticks a lot of boxes.

It is similar concept to the new Toyota C-HR, but will apparently have a bigger boot and a more powerful engine.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Hi Glac, Several of us older folks on here are a bit interested in the Kona. I'm not in love with the styling,  but don't exactly hate it either.  With a good combination of access, storage, features and performance plus Hyundai's superior warranty it ticks a lot of boxes.

It is similar concept to the new Toyota C-HR, but will apparently have a bigger boot and a more powerful engine.

yeah i can see that =D

I still just think its funny its called " Wife  " in Norwegian xD

But it looks like a good allarounder for the smaller SUV edition wonder how it handels =)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I still just think its funny its called " Wife  " in Norwegian xD
Hyundai's SUV vehicles have town/city names from certain areas ( eg, Santa Fe - Tucson ) Kona is named after a district on the big island of Hawaii, maybe your wife would like to be in Hawaii :)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Kona in Hawaii also produces a brand of coffee under the same name.
And damn nice it is, too.  :goodjob2:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
looks like a Mazda CX3. what does the motor look like?

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
looks like a Mazda CX3. what does the motor look like?

Kicking off the range is a 2.0-litre MPI naturally-aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine, developing 110kW of power and 179Nm of torque.

Second up is Hyundai’s familiar 1.6-litre T-GDI turbo petrol engine, which we’ve seen in the larger Tucson.
Developing a healthy 130kW of power and 265Nm of torque – the latter coming between 1500 and 4500rpm – the turbocharged four-pot propels the Kona from 0-100km/h in a spritely 7.7 seconds on its way to a top speed of 210km/h.
The 1.6-litre turbo is mated to Hyundai’s seven-speed dual-clutch transmission as standard.

Europe will exclusively get the choice of a 1.0-litre turbocharged three-cylinder petrol engine, developing 88kW of power and 172Nm of torque.
Mated to a six-speed manual transmission only, the turbo-triple Kona sprints from 0-100km/h in 12 seconds flat, and claims a top speed of 181km/h.
Finally, select markets (namely Europe) will also get the choice of a 1.6-litre turbo-diesel engine. While details of this powerplant are still to be confirmed, it’s likely to be a similar engine to the 100kW/300Nm unit in the i30 hatch.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal