i30 Owners Club

Dazzler family now has two i30's

Dazzler · 72 · 15317

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I was parked next to a Black SR on Sunday, same trim. Did check the paint out, must say it's a decent coating just a little orange peel

I think all factory Two Pack paint has Orange peel . but it's fuel proof, if you spill fuel on it.

Dazz was thinking being a turbo you will need hi octane fuel 95 or better as turbo boost same as high comp. all euro cars need 95 or better.
hope economy ok?
but a man like you can afford it!! just you like to be tight. still ….. looking after it the tyres look really low profile? 45?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Dazz was thinking being a turbo you will need hi octane fuel 95 or better as turbo boost same as high comp. all euro cars need 95 or better.
hope economy ok?
but a man like you can afford it!! just you like to be tight. still ….. looking after it the tyres look really low profile? 45?
They're still low compression engines so 91 is all they recommend though personally I wouldn't run 91 in anything I wanted to look after.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
hope economy ok?
They're still low compression engines so 91 is all they recommend though personally I wouldn't run 91 in anything I wanted to look after.

Me eather!! very dirty fuel!
NSW was talking about discontinuing selling 91, & just having 95 , 98.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
hope economy ok?
You are right Craig... I think I'll probably use E10 :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Are you changing your user name to @2i30s ? :whistler:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Better not. Steve might not like that!

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It's still going to happen, was talking to a Caltex owner in Tas last week who mentioned they'll be dropping the 91 soon.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It's still going to happen, was talking to a Caltex owner in Tas last week who mentioned they'll be dropping the 91 soon.

As long as they keep E10!

I can afford to pay more for fuel but we are already around 15c over the national average down here and getting rid of 91 (and E10) would cost  some people who can't afford it hundred of $ a year! :head_butt:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've not heard anything to say they'll get rid of E10 Dazz, it's a fuel that supposed to be on the increase but I've never taken much notice of it as I don't see it around here.

Does E10 have the cleaning abilities of 95 - 98? I know it's only 94ron which is no good for my car but if it doesn't clean the system like premium fuels then I wouldn't recommend it either.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I've not heard anything to say they'll get rid of E10 Dazz, it's a fuel that supposed to be on the increase but I've never taken much notice of it as I don't see it around here.

Does E10 have the cleaning abilities of 95 - 98? I know it's only 94ron which is no good for my car but if it doesn't clean the system like premium fuels then I wouldn't recommend it either.

It says 95 ron over here. I30 Brochure says my car is E10 compatible. Not sure about the cleaning bit?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Too late tonight to get a photo of our 2 cars together but picked up my new PD SR today had about 31 kms on it including a trip to the window tinter. I've only done about 10kms so far.

The stereo is very good for a 6 speaker standard system! My Calais had a 9 speaker Bose system with a Subwoofer, but the overall sound quality in the PD is more than acceptable with reasonable bass response and lots of adjustments available if needed. The Display is very clear and responsive although the clarity of the reverse camera is not quite as clear as the Calais. A little bit grainy, but adequate.

Got the Auto link OBD Module in the glove box which I have plugged into the Fuse Box under the dash on the driver's side.
Bit busy with other commitments so probably won't pair it with the App until Sunday.

Going in next week to get the Front sensors done and boot liner on back order (they are still making the first batch)

Jake at Motors Devonport is an awesome young guy (that's him in one of the photos with the bald guy) couldn't have tried harder to please. Brad, James and Dion are all great too.

More Feedback and photos to come next week.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Great news, Dazz.
Well done.   :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Looks great Dazz. I reckon you should drive it around with the bow on it for a while and show it off. :D 
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Guys! Good Idea John!  :mrgreen:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Here's to Many k's of carefree motoring

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Top choice Dazz.
Enjoy.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
Hi Dazzler do you have a system over there where you can have a private registration plate like we have. Mine cost me £100 years ago and has been on a few cars. It costs £80 to change from car to car or you can put it onto a retention certificate until needed. The only no go is to put it onto a vehicle to make it look younger or have plates that do not conform to regs. like spelling name etc without correct spacing. Very nice new vehicles.
  • 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 CRDi auto White.

Offline QueenBeth69

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Charlestown
Thanks Asa. I like the red highlights but I can understand why some like you may not.  :goodjob:

I love the red highlights, I'm a red and black kind of girl, I'm a bit jealous! Might be time for an upgrade!!

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Congrats on the new wheels, Dazz. Looks awesome..  :goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Everyone. I think the Red was a good choice (nice change) Second choice was white, but that was the safe option...

Hi Dazzler do you have a system over there where you can have a private registration plate like we have. Mine cost me £100 years ago and has been on a few cars. It costs £80 to change from car to car or you can put it onto a retention certificate until needed. The only no go is to put it onto a vehicle to make it look younger or have plates that do not conform to regs. like spelling name etc without correct spacing. Very nice new vehicles.

Yes we do. Mine DAZ001 was a "one of" A$295 payment and it costs around $35 to carry it over to the next car. The Dealer reimbursed me for that. They've been on 4 cars now but they are still in good condition!

"Only" A$295 when I got them because standard 3 letter /3 number configuration. If I'd got HYBRID or DAZZLA or something it was nearly A$1000.  :eek:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Thanks Everyone. I think the Red was a good choice (nice change) Second choice was white, but that was the safe option...

Yes we do. Mine DAZ001 was a "one of" A$295 payment and it costs around $35 to carry it over to the next car. The Dealer reimbursed me for that. They've been on 4 cars now but they are still in good condition!

"Only" A$295 when I got them because standard 3 letter /3 number configuration. If I'd got HYBRID or DAZZLA or something it was nearly A$1000.  :eek:
It's different in every state.
NSW was different to Qld when we were down there.
My plates cost $500 ( for a background theme and your choice of letters and numbers, but it's a once off and the plates are yours for life. Not aware of a transfer cost. There was no mention of it when we just changed them over.
Like for Dazz, if you want something really special, they cost more.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Too late tonight to get a photo of our 2 cars together but picked up my new PD SR today had about 31 kms on it including a trip to the window tinter. I've only done about 10kms so far.

The stereo is very good for a 6 speaker standard system! My Calais had a 9 speaker Bose system with a Subwoofer, but the overall sound quality in the PD is more than acceptable with reasonable bass response and lots of adjustments available if needed. The Display is very clear and responsive although the clarity of the reverse camera is not quite as clear as the Calais. A little bit grainy, but adequate.

Got the Auto link OBD Module in the glove box which I have plugged into the Fuse Box under the dash on the driver's side.
Bit busy with other commitments so probably won't pair it with the App until Sunday.

Going in next week to get the Front sensors done and boot liner on back order (they are still making the first batch)

Jake at Motors Devonport is an awesome young guy (that's him in one of the photos with the bald guy) couldn't have tried harder to please. Brad, James and Dion are all great too.

Looking at the hair styles the test drive must have been hair raising. :faint:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looking at the hair styles the test drive must have been hair raising. :faint:
Yeah, put my hairstyle and Jake's together and you'd almost make a good one.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

That's why I got State plates with my initials and my IQ, sorry, my blood alcohol reading on them.
$27.
1DRB 000.   :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

As I may have mentioned earlier, SHMBO has been taking a while to warm to the idea of a new smaller car. So this occurrence today was great timing...

I parked in a fairly isolated part of the Woolworths car park in Ulverstone to grab a few supplies on the way home. I was parked behind a Holden Cruze Wagon with WA registration. When we came out the guy had just finished putting some groceries in his boot. He said to Trish as we approached our car "very nice, I'm guessing it's new? Wow these guys have come a long way, I was looking for a Lexus badge. Looks fantastic, enjoy!"

Trish was delighted and I could feel her feelings for the car change quite a bit on our way home.  :victory:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
How much did you pay him, Dazz? :rofl:

That's a good Readers Digest short story right there. :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

:goodjob2:
(Wait until she sees your Calais driving around the apple isle though..... :whistler:)   :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:goodjob2:
(Wait until she sees your Calais driving around the apple isle though..... :whistler:)   :D

Yeah true.  :sweating:

How much did you pay him, Dazz? :rofl:

That's a good Readers Digest short story right there. :goodjob:

Yeah, lucky it was a WA number plate or I reckon she would have been suspicious!  :crazy1:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
That just means you used Dodgy Doggie as your middle man. :whistler:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal