i30 Owners Club

2011 Hyundai Elantra touring - OEM speaker wattage

Suresh · 8 · 4000

Offline Suresh

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Iowa
This is my first thread and I have been enjoying this forum with the depth of information it is providing me. Still I have a question :) I am trying my best in searching this forum and Google, but I could not find a concrete answer.

Does anybody know the wattage (RMS and Ohms) for factory speakers in 2011 Hyundai Elantra touring GLS wagon (FD USA model)? I am planning to replace my factory OEM radio (Model A-200FDA 1.5) with either a tablet or an aftermarket double DIN radio.

If I get a head unit or an amplifier (in case of tablet install) outputting 45 watts RMS x 4 channel at 4 ohm (For amplifiers, I am narrowing down to either Alpine KTS-445U or Kenwood KAC-M1804), will it be enough not to blow these speakers out. As I am not an audiophile (my ears are not good when it comes to that), I am content with the factory speakers and will not be replacing other than the stereo unit.

Thanks for your help, guys.
  • 2011 FD 5 door hatch, Gasoline 2L, Auto, Black (2011 Hyundai Elantr touring GLS)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome.

Hope someone can help. I can't. It is fairly unlikely that someone with an "FD" Elantra touring will answer that question as probably only less than 1% of our active members are from the USA and would have that model.

I would however think it is extremely likely they are the same as the equivalent model i30 CW from the same era (or the FD hatch for that matter) So if necessary we may be able to tag someone who has done  speaker mods in that model.

My suggestion if you don't get a definitive answer in the next few days would be to partly remove the door trims on your car. Pretty easy to find instructions on here (or even a you tube video) on how to do that. The specs of the speakers are usually written on the back of them. 

Here is a thread about swapping out the speakers which may help you access them...

:link: HOW TO: Speaker replacement -REAR DOOR - i30 FD

I will tag @i30niko in case he has the old speakers lying around and can check the specs...

So in summary I might be of some help!  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30niko

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      ADELAIDE, SA, AUSTRALIA
Cannot remember the Wattage of the individual speakers (I was so disgusted by their cheap quality I threw them straight in the bin) But I am pretty sure the build-in stereo on the FD can take 40w x 4 anything more than that you will need an amp but honestly if you are not a hardcore audiophile you can do with a pair of good quality speakers that are less or equal to 40w. Better to change the speakers together with a stereo, it is like getting a new Ferrari and installing Bob-Jane tires on it :)
  • 2010 i30 diesel SX auto

Offline Suresh

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Iowa
Thanks Dazzler. That's a good idea. Haven't thought about opening the door panel, but will definitely take a look. From the link and YouTube videos for related cars, it appears to be pretty straightforward. The US model is not a very popular model here. So I am looking at the equivalent EUR and AUS versions to get an idea of what I should do to replace the stereo.

@i30niko  :) I am just starting to tinker with my car.  So the factory stereo and speakers have stayed so far. Will look around for speakers as well. Thanks.
  • 2011 FD 5 door hatch, Gasoline 2L, Auto, Black (2011 Hyundai Elantr touring GLS)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the prompt response i30niko, much appreciated.  :cool:

No problems sujivet, glad we could help a bit. :goodjob:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
The speaker part numbers I see for US Elantra Touring are , 963302H000 which after doing som eimage searches I can see 25W nom, 50W Max . 4 ohms

Then there's 963302H100 fitted to the model with external amp. That probably means a higher rating but a guess.

You could enter your vin and maybe get the part that is fitted to your car.

:link: Catalog hyundai

Owner manual may give the output specs of your headunit
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Gerard, I forgot about your sleuthing skills!  :eek: :victory:

Offline Suresh

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Iowa
The speaker part numbers I see for US Elantra Touring are , 963302H000 which after doing som eimage searches I can see 25W nom, 50W Max . 4 ohms

Then there's 963302H100 fitted to the model with external amp. That probably means a higher rating but a guess.

You could enter your vin and maybe get the part that is fitted to your car.

:link: Catalog hyundai

Owner manual may give the output specs of your headunit

That link was awesome. Found that my part # is 963302H000. So it is 25/50 watts, then. Thank you all guys, very helpful.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal