i30 Owners Club

NUDGE BAR OR BULLBAR

FIREY3 · 44 · 11368

Offline FIREY3

• 1st Gear

• south australia
Hi All

just wondering if anyone knows or who has a nudge bar or bull bar for sale  for a i30 2008 model or do you know of a business that would make one for me

thanks
FIREY3
  • 2008 i30 diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
@FIREY3

Guess what I saw today in Devonport Tassie? They appear to have used my idea to mount largish round driving lights (although I think an LED light bar would look tidier)

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
firey3 and dazz, if I remember rick in west Australia had a bar something like that with lights mounted. if your in a rural area need better lights than stock I think. I have two round led on my Utes bull bar and they are like flood lights. everything goes white, good wide light area.
if I remember, that type bar on the car dazz showing mounts with number plate to allow light mount. not much protection.
should try message just rick

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

firey3 and dazz, if I remember rick in west Australia had a bar something like that with lights mounted. if your in a rural area need better lights than stock I think. I have two round led on my Utes bull bar and they are like flood lights. everything goes white, good wide light area.
if I remember, that type bar on the car dazz showing mounts with number plate to allow light mount. not much protection.
should try message just rick

Good idea John, I'll tag @Just Rick

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hmm... now you've all got me thinking of repurposing some old car stereo angle brackets and creating LED bar mounts for that same effect. Sure beats drilling new holes to accommodate some of the aftermarket products out there!
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hmm... now you've all got me thinking of repurposing some old car stereo angle brackets and creating LED bar mounts for that same effect. Sure beats drilling new holes to accommodate some of the aftermarket products out there!

Yes good idea Gonz. I nearly went with  nudge bar and Led light bar on the Calais after I saw a twin of my old car with one in Melbourne. Do so little night driving now that probably not worth it seeing I have upgraded globes in the SR now.   

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
sorry for my tardiness, Nudge bars are only good for ONE thing, hanging shite loads of lights off of,hit a roo or anything else for that matter and they simply fold over the bonnet and head towards the windscreen  :lol: Cyril years ago can attest to that,there is pictures on here somewhere of that incident.
 FIREY3 should be able to pick up a nudge bar just about anywhere now for the FD's same one fits all the FD models (may even fit the FD's) I was told years ago when I got my Nudge bar that No Roo Bars had been made for the FD's to this day still don't think anyone does one for them, but hey doesn't mean you can't retro fit one,I have one sitting in my driveway which I'm pretty sure will mount on my existing NB mounts,still haven't got round to that project (someone tells me I can't do something,just gives me another challenge) they told me you can't fit a bullbar to a Cruze,Wanna make a bet,I managed it.

But again should be able to pick a nudge bar just about anywhere now a days,not hard to fit either.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cheers for that @Just Rick. @FIREY3 hasn't been back on since 6th October, so not sure if he sorted something.  :undecided:

Offline FIREY3

• 1st Gear

• south australia
 yeah sorry not being round for a while I have had kids on holidays and they took up my time. I have been given a numberplate bar which I have not fitted yet and wo which I havn't decided on what way to go if I do the slim 20 " bar or the 7" or 9" lights but after I get back from my cruise I will be installing then and thanks for keeping tabs too :goodjob2: 
  • 2008 i30 diesel

Offline FIREY3

• 1st Gear

• south australia
hey @Just Rick  do you know what would be the better suited nudge bar for the 2008 model i30????? having no luck trying to find one that is all  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 i30 diesel

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
hey @Just Rick  do you know what would be the better suited nudge bar for the 2008 model i30????? having no luck trying to find one that is all  :goodjob2:

The Nudge bar is not the most crucial part you will need for fitment of either nudge bar or Bull bar, most important thing to obtain is the correct engineered mounting brackets which fit your sub frame(a 2 piece bolt on bracket system which fits neatly over front bumper sub member) once you have these you could fit anything you wanted,given the bar your fitting has matching mount locations  :crazy1: this is the hardest and most time consuming part,everything is possible.

As for your light selection you really have to look at your driving requirements,style,night driving amounts.
most average night drivers can honestly get away with a LED light conversation(given you buy the right LED's some you just don't touch)if your just adding a 20" light bar the good quality number plate bars are fine,but wouldn't suggest hanging you 9" HID's of one.

I do a lot of night driving(on Bruce I have 2x9" HID's and a 20" LED Bar,Alvin I have 4x75W HID's and headlights converted to 18,000 Lm LED globes,just enough light to burn out your retinas with you get caught in them) so different applications require different solutions IMHO and then you have your different state light laws(but hey who gives a rats knackers about them  :whistler: )
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Well, after an arduous day at the headquarters which included a tennis match in cool, blustery conditions, I came home and checked the mailbox for more eBay goodies but it was empty.  :blubber:

Then I turned around to face the verandah and there by the door was a larger-than-usual package. It was my licence plate nudge bar! :happydance:

It took all of five minutes to rip it open, admire my latest arrival in all its glory, and transfer the Velcro stickers from the back of my licence plate to their partner stickers on Firty's front. I then attached the nudge bar sandwiched between the plate and Firty using the original screws and allowing the Velcro pads to find their new surface. :victory:

Now I go back to checking the mailbox for the LED bars. :wait:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:ttiuwp:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
At least 10 demerit points Dazz.

Well, after an arduous day at the headquarters which included a tennis match in cool, blustery conditions,\

Harsh day at the office?   :snigger: :spitty:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
ns :whistler:
Invalid entry Further 5 demerit points

Last identikit of Firty was Hyper silver SLX hatch. :crazy2:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :rofl:
OK, OK, took a shot but working out how to get it up. I don't use imgur etc

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
OK, OK, took a shot but working out how to get it up. I don't use imgur etc
C'mon you know we like the real McCoy :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

You crack me up, guys.

Try this: http://5ebi.tripod.com/nudgebar.jpg

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@The Gonz  - Looks great in Black with the grey.  :victory:

I saw an Ebay special on those the other day :link: 20" inch CREE LED Light Bar 23" Black License Mount Bull Bar Number Plate Frame 699934729424 | eBay

Bugger! wish you hadn't posted that link Craig! I might have to get one... Look good on my "black edition"  :crazy1:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You know me, Craig, I find spending half that much, much more special. :lol:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Go on Dazz, you know you want it. :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Phew! I just saved $50 or $80! If I got a light bar I'd have to mount it under the number plate not above (or it would block my radar cruise)  :crazy1: :sweating:

See the problem!

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Phew! I just saved $50 or $80! If I got a light bar I'd have to mount it under the number plate not above (or it would block my radar cruise)  :crazy1: :sweating:

See the problem!

Can the light bar mount be flipped which will have the light on the bottom, is the grill/licence plate mount pronounced enough that if the light was at the bottom it wouldn't interfere with the lower spoiler air dam :undecided:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I think it would look crap upside down. If I got a light bar I'd try and mount it to the red part of the bumper directly under the number plate with some discreet brackets. I'll try and photoshop it and add to this post.

Bit rough, but you get the idea. Think I might pass...

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I know what you mean, mounting down there would be more difficult and for a driving light to be so low down they become less effective as well.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The mount can indeed go either way. The mounting holes are universal in that sense. I have that same option but like having it above the plate. Now to determine whether I want the loght bars above or below the bar. I'll try below just so the wiring can be fully concealed.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal