i30 Owners Club

Newbie here, needing a little help!

Mike8 · 22 · 7647

Offline Mike8

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gladstone, Qld
Hi all, I'm pretty new here (even though I've been a member for a few years), and am hoping for some advice. Firstly, how can I search posts on this site only? I have tried searching a few times, and I get results from all over the internet. I tried reading the help section, but not that helpful (I always have this trouble with forums).

Secondly, I'm looking for a workshop manual download for my 2007 i30 CRDI. I downloaded one a few years ago from an English site (I think), but I never managed to view it, waste of about $16 from memory. Does anyone have a link for a manual from a reliable site that works?

Next question, how can we get part numbers for Hyundai parts, without going to Hyundai dealers. I think I've almost worn out my welcome at my local dealer, going in to get a written quotation on a part (they give you the part number on the quote), and then ordering it from Koraps at about 1/10th the price quoted by Hyundai here in Oz. The search and filtering on the Koraps website is pretty useless for finding parts, but if you have a part number, no problems! I have searched online for part numbers, but without success.

Finally, the job I'm contemplating on my car is to replace the timing chain and guides/tensioner etc, which is why I need help searching for posts related to timing chain for 2007 CRDI.

I'm hoping to get to know a few of you a little better over the next month or two, while I tackle this job. I have seen a couple of posts on timing chains, so I know a couple of you have experience in it. Unfortunately, my mechanic who confirmed my worst fears today, can't do the job for another 6 weeks, as he has that much work booked ahead. But he did offer with some tech assistance wherever he could, if I decided to do it myself. If I can make enough room in my garage to get the nose of the car in, I'm happy that I have sufficient knowledge and experience with cars and engines, to change a timing chain.

First thing I need to do, is purchase another small cheap "dirtbox" car to drive to work while my i30 is down, as it will take a little time, and I have very little spare time anyway, and I have to open it up and have a look at the damage before I can order parts. Even the local dealer said they don't have those parts in stock.

Cheers,

Mike.
  • 2007 i30 CRDI

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
You'rfe logged in, there a "Search " tab, click on it
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I paid for and downloaded a virtual machine loaded with GDS. Works well , good up to 2010. Has schematics too.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Easy, if you've read some of my responses to other people I've mentioned two key things , VIN & ILCATS. For FD you will need to go into Elantra.

Piece of piss from there. Not everything will be available from Koraps due to our RHD and ADRs.

Next.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 13:06:13 by tw2005 »

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
OMG, you are brave. Any experience doing that? Special tools required and the kit or parts are not cheap.

any real reason for doing it?

I had some chain / guide noise, bought a whole car instead and swapped the whole drivetrain over . LOL :crazy1:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
text extract from the manual

. Using the hexagon wrench, turn the tensioner counterclockwise and loosen. Then remove the drive belt.
2. Remove the injector.(Refer to Injector in FL Group).
3. Remove the cylinder head cover(A).
4. Remove the engine mounting support bracket.
(1) Set the jack to the engine oil pan
 (2) Remove the engine mounting support bracket (A).
5. Remove the alternator(A). (Refer to Alternator in EEB group).
6. Remove the water pump pulley(A).
7. Remove the engine support bracket(A).
8. Remove the drive belt tensioner(A)
9. Turn the crankshaft pulley, and align its groove with timing mark "T" of the timing chain cover. (No.1 cylinder compression TDC position)
10. Remove the crankshaft pulley bolt(B) and crankshaft pulley(A)
Use the SST(flywheel stopper, 09231-2A100)(A) to remove the crankshaft pulley bolt, after remove the starter.
11. Remove the high pressure pump sprocket nut(B) after remove the timing chain cover plug(A).
● Use the SST(flywheel stopper, 09231-2A100) to remove the high pressure pump sprocket nut.
● Replace O-ring of plug(A) with a new one when reinstalling the plug.
12. Remove the fuel return hose(A) and the high pressure pipe(B).
13. Remove the mounting bolts of the high pressure pump(A) and the fuel hoses(B, C).
14. Install the SST(high pressure pump sprocket stopper, 09331-2A000)(A) to sprocket rotating it clockwise.
15. Remove the timing chain cover bolt(three bolts)(B).
16. Install the SST(high pressure pump sprocket remover, 09331-2A000)(A) to timing chain cover with three long bolts(B).
17. Fix the high pressure pump remover(A) and sprocket stopper(C) with two fixing bolts(D).
18. Rotate the bolt(E) clockwise till high pressure pump is pushed out.
19. Remove the SST(09331-2A000) after remove the high pressure pump.
20. Install the SST(09200-38001, 09200-1C000), the engine support fixture and the adapter, on the enine hanger bracket.
21. Remove the intercooler pipe(A).
22. Remove the air conditioning compressor. (Refer to Air conditioning compressor in HA group).
23. Remove the jack from oil pan.
24. Remove the oil pan(A).
When removing the oil pan, use the SST(09215-3C000) in order not to damage the surface between the cylinder block and the oil pan.
● Insert the SST between the oil pan and the ladder frame by tapping it with a plastic hammer in the direction of ① arrow.
● After tapping the SST with a plastic hammer along the direction of ② arrow around more than 2/3 edge of the oil pan, remove it from the ladder frame.
● Do not turn over the SST abruptly without tapping. It be result in damage of the SST.
25. Remove the oil strainer(B).
26. Remove the timing chain cover(A)
Remove thoroughly sealant and oil etc left at the sealing surface after remove the chain cover and oil pan. (If any impurities are left at the sealing face, oil may leak after reassembly even with the sealant application.)
27. Remove the timing chain "C" auto tensioner(A).
Before removing auto-tensioner, install a set pin(B) (2.5 mm steel wire) after compressing the tensioner.
28. Remove the timing chain "C" lever(A) and the timing chain guide "1"(B).
29. Remove the timing chain guide "2"(A).
30. Remove the timing chain "C"(A).
31. Remove the timing chain "A" auto tensioner(A).
Before removing auto-tensioner, install a set pin(B) (2.5 mm steel wire) after compressing the tensioner.
32. Remove timing chain "A" lever(A) and the timing chain guide "1"(B).
33. Remove the timing chain "A"(A)with high pressure pump sprocket(B) and crankshaft sprocket(C).
34. Remove the water pump(A)

35. Remove the timing chain case(A).
(Engine removal is required for this procedure)
36. Remove the camshaft sprocket.
(1) Hold the portion(A) of the camshaft with a hexagonal wrench, and remove the bolt(C) with a wrench(B) and remove the camshaft sprocket.
Be careful not to damage the cylinder head and valve lifter with the wrench.

Installation

Engine removal is not required for this procedure.
1. Install the camshaft sprocket and tighten the bolt to the specified torque.
(1) Temporarily install the camshaft sprocket bolt(C).
(2) Hold the portion(A) of the camshaft with a hexagonal wrench, and tighten the bolt(C) with a wrench(B).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tightening torque :
68.6 ~ 73.5N.m (7.0 ~ 7.5kgf.m, 50.6 ~ 54.2lb-ft)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Install the timing chain case(A) with new gasket.
(Engine removal is required for this procedure)
Tightening torque :
Bolt(B) : 24.5 ~ 30.4N.m (2.5 ~ 3.1kgf.m, 18.1 ~ 22.4lb-ft
Bolt(C) :18.6 ~ 27.5N.m (1.9 ~ 2.8kgf.m, 13.7 ~ 20.3lb-ft)
Bolt(D) : 7.8 ~ 11.8N.m (0.8 ~ 1.2kgf.m, 5.8 ~ 8.7lb-ft)
Bolt(E) : 25.5 ~ 34.3N.m (2.6 ~ 3.5kgf.m, 18.8 ~ 25.3lb-f

3. Install the water pump(A).
Tightening torque :
19.6 ~ 24.5N.m (2.0 ~ 2.5kgf.m, 14.5 ~ 18.1lb-ft)
4. Install the high pressure pump(A), connecting the hoses(B, C)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tightening torque :
14.7 ~ 19.6N.m (1.5 ~ 2.0kgf.m, 10.8 ~ 14.5lb-ft)

5. Install the fuel return hose(A) and the high pressure pipe(B).

Tightening torque :
24.5 ~ 28.4N.m (2.5 ~ 2.9kgf.m, 18.1 ~ 21.0lb-ft)
6.9 ~ 10.8N.m (0.7 ~ 1.1kgf.m, 5.1 ~ 8.0lb-ft)-Bolt
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not reuse the high pressure pipe.
6. Set the key of crankshaft sprocket to be aligned with the timing mark of timing chain case. As a result of this, place the piston on No.1 cylinder at the top dead center on compression stroke.
7. After install timing chain "A" with high pressure pump sprocket(B) equipped at the crankshaft sprocket(C), and then install high pressure pump sprocket at the high pressure pump shaft.
The timing mark of high pressure pump sprocket should be aligned with timing mark on the timing chain case.
8. Pretighten the high pressure pump sprocket nut.
9. Install timing chain "A" lever(A) and the timing chain guide "1"(B).
Tightening torque :9.8 ~ 11.8N.m (1.0 ~ 1.2kgf.m, 7.2 ~ 8.7lb-ft)
10. Install the timing chain "A" auto tensioner(A) and then remove set pin(B

Tightening torque :
9.8 ~ 11.8N.m (1.0 ~ 1.2kgf.m, 7.2 ~ 8.7lb-ft)

11. Align the timing mark(A) of camshaft sprocket on the vertical center line of crankshaft.
12. Install the timing chain "C"(A) as following procedure. High pressure pump sprocket → LH camshaft sprocket → RH camshaft sprocket
The timing mark of each sprockets should be matched with timing mark (color link) of timing chain at installing timing chain as shown below illustration.
13. Install the timing chain guide "2"(A).
Tightening torque :
9.8 ~ 13.7N.m (1.0 ~ 1.4kgf.m, 7.2 ~ 10.1lb-ft)

14. Install the timing chain "C" lever(A) and the timing chain guide "1"(B).
Tightening torque :
15. Install the timing chain "C" auto tensioner(A) and then remove set pin(B).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tightening torque :
16. Install the high pressure pump sprocket nut(A).
Tightening torque :
64.7 ~ 74.5N.m (6.6 ~ 7.6kgf.m, 47.7 ~ 55.0lb-ft)
Use the SST(flywheel stopper, 09231-2A100)(A) to tighten the high pressure pump sprocket nut, after remove the starter.
17. Apply liquid gasket evenly to the mating surface of timing chain cover.
● Standard liquid gasket : LOCTITE 5900
● Check that the mating surfaces are clean and dry before applying liquid gasket.
● Assemble the timing chain cover in 5 minutes after applying the liquid gasket.
● Apply liquid gasket in a 3mm wide bead without stopping.

18. Install the timing chain cover(A).

Tightening torque :
Bolt (B,C,F) :
19.6 ~ 26.5N.m (2.0 ~ 2.7kgf.m, 14.5 ~ 19.5lb-ft)
Bolt(D,E) : 9.8 ~ 11.8N.m (1.0 ~ 1.2kgf.m, 7.2 ~ 8.7lb-ft)

19. Install the front oil seal by using SST(09231-2A000, 09231-H1100)(A).
20. Install the oil strainer(B).
Tightening torque :
Bolts : 19.6 ~ 26.5N.m (2.0 ~ 2.7kgf.m, 14.5 ~ 19.5lb-ft)
Nuts : 9.8 ~ 11.8N.m (1.0 ~ 1.2kgf.m, 7.2 ~ 8.7lb-ft)

21. Apply liquid gasket evenly to the mating surface of oil pan.
● Check that the mating surfaces are clean and dry before applying liquid gasket.
● Apply liquid gasket in a 3mm wide bead without stopping.Assemble the oil pan in 5 minutes after applying the liquid gasket.
● After assembly, wait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with oil.
● Apply liquid gasket to T-joint before assembling oil pan.
22. Install the oil pan(A).

Tightening torque :

23. Set the jack to the engine oil pan

24. Remove the SST(09200-38001, 09200-1C000), the engine support fixture and the adapter, from the engine hanger bracket.

25. Install the crankshaft pulley(A) and crankshaft pulley bolt(B).

Tightening torque :
225.6 ~ 245.2N.m (23.0 ~ 25.0kgf.m, 166.4 ~ 180.8lb-ft)

Use the SST(flywheel stopper, 09231-2A100) to Install the crankshaft pulley bolt, after remove the starter.

26. Install the drive belt tensioner(A).

Tightening torque :
25.5 ~ 30.4N.m (2.6 ~ 3.1kgf.m, 18.8 ~ 22.4lb-ft)

27. Install the engine support bracket(A).
Tightening torque :
42.2 ~ 53.9N.m (4.3 ~ 5.5kgf.m, 31.1 ~ 39.8lb-ft)

28. Install the water pump pulley(A).

Tightening torque :

29. Install the alternator(A). (Refer to Alternator in EEB group)

Tightening torque :
38.2 ~ 58.8N.m (3.9 ~ 6.0kgf.m, 28.2 ~ 43.4lb-ft)

30. Install the drive belt.

31. Install the engine mounting support bracket(A).

Tightening torque :
Nut(D) : 63.7 ~ 83.4N.m(6.5 ~ 8.5kgf.m, 47.0~ 61.5lb-ft)
Bolt(B), Nut(C) : 49.0 ~ 63.7N.m(5.0 ~ 6.5kgf.m, 36.2 ~ 47.0lb-ft)

32. Remove the jack from oil pan

33. Install the cylinder head cover(A) with new head cover gasket.

Tightening torque :
7.8 ~ 9.8N.m (0.8 ~ 1.0kgf.m, 5.8 ~ 7.2lb-ft)

● Apply liquid gasket in a 3mm wide bead without stopping.
● Assemble the cylinder head cover in 5 minutes after applying the liquid gasket.
● After assembly, wait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with oil.
● Apply liquid gasket to T-joint before assembling cylinder head cover.

34. Install the injectors. (Refer to Injector in FL Group)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I have tried searching a few times, and I get results from all over the internet.

Our search function should bring up two options - Google Site Search and our own internal search. You need the latter ;)

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Its also possible to use the site limiter on your standard google.com search for example; "site:i30ownersclub.com timing chain replacement" will show only information contained on this site. :)
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline Mike8

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gladstone, Qld
thanks for that, I was clicking on the box with the words "or use the standard search system", and nothing was happening.
  • 2007 i30 CRDI

Offline Mike8

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gladstone, Qld
Hi all, thanks for the great replies. I'm not sure what happened, but I wrote a fairly extensive reply yesterday, not long after the one below, October 06, 2017, 19:05:08, but I see no sign of it here, and no replies to it, so maybe I deleted it by mistake, or it's in another thread somewhere, but I'll try again.

To tw2005, thanks for your extensive reply. Yes, many years ago (40 plus), I used to pull down engines and rebuild them, I was into amateur car racing, and also bikes, so I do have the basic experience needed to work on the internals of engines. I also have quite a few tools, torque wrenches, spanners, socket sets, hydraulic engine hoist etc, although my current workshop is very small and crowded, and certainly wouldn't want to have to do an engine swap there.

Also, you say you had a noisy timing chain, and decided to buy another car and swap the whole engine out, would that not be as big a job, or even bigger, than replacing a timing chain?

I found a parts manual on emanualonline.com, link, do you, or anyone else, know if that would be useful to me to identify parts. Does anyone else use Koraps, because my experience with them has been positive so far, especially price wise.

I'm also quite unaware of model designations, and don't know what mine is, other than it was built Oct 07. I assume from your comment, mine is an FD? And what is the Elantra comment about? Are you saying I should find a service manual for an Elantra? So far the only manual I found on emanualonline.com was for i30 2012 onwards. VIN I know, but what is "Ilcats"?

You mentioned "I paid for and downloaded a virtual machine loaded with GDS. Works well , good up to 2010. Has schematics too." Do you have a link for that, or where I can find it? And why do service manuals come in "virtual machines", why not PDF? Last time I downloaded a manual for this car about 5 years ago, I couldn't get it to work, just threw away my money, although I'm prepared to try again now, as I really need it, and hopefully there'll be some bods here that can help me if it doesn't work as expected.

I haven't come to a final decision about doing the job myself yet, but want to fully explore the possibility. My mechanic has offered some help with technical aspects, as he realises 6 weeks is a long time to wait for him to do it. But the special tools is probably the biggest hurdle. By the sounds of it, my local Hyundai dealer may not even have them (they've never sold the parts for a timing chain job, so have probably never done one themselves). I may be able to make the pump remover tool on the lathe, once I get the cover off and see what's needed, but I doubt I could mimic the flywheel locking tool. I'm hoping I may be able to hire some of the SSTs. If that parts manual lists them, I may be able to price them.

Anyway, enough of my questions and ponderings, I hope when I post this post this time, it appears on the site, not gets lost like yesterdays.

Regards, Mike.
  • 2007 i30 CRDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Mike,

Frustrating when you lose a long post!

Yes, yours is the first series  (FD) They were known as an Elantra Touring in the USA and Canada. They were made from late 2007 until early 2012 when the series 2 (GD) was launched. The new series 3 launched this year is known as the PD.

:link: Hyundai i30 - Wikipedia
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Mike8

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gladstone, Qld
Thanks Dazzler, so does that mean I have to find an Elantra 2007 service manual? I've done some reading on this forum, and I'm slowly plucking up the courage to do the job myself. My main concern now is the parts and SSTs at a reasonable price. Once I've sourced the workshop and parts manuals, I'll start a new thread for the job itself.

Cheers,

Mike.
  • 2007 i30 CRDI

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi mike8,
Must have some kms clocked up
You've probably checked,  but are you sure tensioner is not stuck  ?
Almost got caught by a motorcycle cam tensioner myself.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Dazzler, so does that mean I have to find an Elantra 2007 service manual? I've done some reading on this forum, and I'm slowly plucking up the courage to do the job myself. My main concern now is the parts and SSTs at a reasonable price. Once I've sourced the workshop and parts manuals, I'll start a new thread for the job itself.

Cheers,

Mike.

North America got the Elantra Touring which was a wagon equivalent to the i30 CW (identical running gear) so if you find a workshop manual for an Elantra Touring 2007-2011 it will do the job. Does Gerard's Extract in post 6 help much? (Not sure if you saw it?)

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Place ILCATS in a google, Russian Website , (Illustrated Catalogs).

:link: Workshop manual for i30crdi

I did what I did based on economics, benefit and the risk of it going pear shaped. I joked about it, had a figure in my head , went to the auctions and got very lucky. Transformed the car with entire running gear of 41000K. SIncesold some excess parts which halfed the cost and have an entire car full of parts spare, ecu, motor, gearbox, sensors,harnesses, switch gear etc etc.

Has proven handy on a coupleof occasions.

Basically fully reco'ed mycar

Offline Mike8

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gladstone, Qld
HI all, Sounds like you did well, tw2005, but unfortunately, I don't have motor auctions nearby, nor spare cash at the moment. But sounds like the way to go.

I have found a fairly experienced "back yarder" who will do the job for me, with my help, and me sourcing parts. I hope to get started this weekend, as I may have a bit of luck with my employer offering me a vehicle to use for work. I want to start ordering SSTs for this job, but haven't had any luck with getting results on Koraps, when I enter numbers of the special tools mentioned in extract of the service manual you sent on Friday.

Does anyone know if the SSTs would be available from Koraps? Do they have different part numbers than the SST number itself?

Also, looking around Emanualonline.com I found the following on one of the Hyundai service manuals: "_/BR_ License includes 1-year access to OEM service and repair procedures and unlimited access to supplemental data." Does that mean the manual I download self destructs after 12 months? Or will I have it forever?

I have just taken a screenshot of part of a page on Emanualonline.com, but it doesn't want to paste in here. Can anyone tell me how you paste piccies or screenshots here please.

Anyway, I'll do it a bit differently, with copy and paste.....

Hyundai i30 Workshop Manual

Covers: For 2012-2016 models click here

This workshop manual consists of step by step instructions for any service,

My question here, is this the manual I need to download?, as it doesn't specify what year model this manual is for, just that if you want 2012 - 2016, you can click a link for that one.

Cheers all, Mike.
  • 2007 i30 CRDI

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
HI all, Sounds like you did well, tw2005, but unfortunately, I don't have motor auctions nearby, nor spare cash at the moment. But sounds like the way to go.

I have found a fairly experienced "back yarder" who will do the job for me, with my help, and me sourcing parts. I hope to get started this weekend, as I may have a bit of luck with my employer offering me a vehicle to use for work. I want to start ordering SSTs for this job, but haven't had any luck with getting results on Koraps, when I enter numbers of the special tools mentioned in extract of the service manual you sent on Friday.

Does anyone know if the SSTs would be available from Koraps? Do they have different part numbers than the SST number itself?

Also, looking around Emanualonline.com I found the following on one of the Hyundai service manuals: "_/BR_ License includes 1-year access to OEM service and repair procedures and unlimited access to supplemental data." Does that mean the manual I download self destructs after 12 months? Or will I have it forever?

I have just taken a screenshot of part of a page on Emanualonline.com, but it doesn't want to paste in here. Can anyone tell me how you paste piccies or screenshots here please.

Anyway, I'll do it a bit differently, with copy and paste.....

Hyundai i30 Workshop Manual

Covers: For 2012-2016 models click here

This workshop manual consists of step by step instructions for any service,

My question here, is this the manual I need to download?, as it doesn't specify what year model this manual is for, just that if you want 2012 - 2016, you can click a link for that one.

Cheers all, Mike.

If you're patient I'll see if I can print to file in the Virtual machine and transfer to the pc. Then if you PM me your email I'll attach. I noticed some aftermarket tooling around $100 on Ebay in England. been a while since I've looked, obviously this was all part of my risk analysis when I went the other way,  :scared:

I don't recall coming tooling at Koraps but may have hit something in a google, the $$ were adding up fast, I remember that.

Offline Mike8

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gladstone, Qld
Thanks TW, I've sent you my email. That's very kind of you.

Just before your last message, I paid for and started the download of the workshop manual on Emanualonline.com, but unfortunately, it's given me a problem,it stopped prematurely. The download was supposed to be 20Gb, and take 17 hours, but it was finished after 10 minutes, and 70 Mb. There are some useful files there, but certainly not the manual, so I have to get onto support and see what I can do now.

Been searching the web this avo for some of those SSTs, but it's beginning to look like it'll be quicker and cheaper to make up the tools as I go. I got some good pics and sketches of them, but I can't find an Aussie supplier, so it'll all take a week or two to come from USA or GB.

Mike.
  • 2007 i30 CRDI

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline Mike8

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gladstone, Qld
Hi all, just an update on where I'm at with it. Been busy these last few nights making room on my computer to download and then extract/install these humongous files from Emanualonline.com. I had to move a lot of stuff to an external hard drive.

Anyway, my mechanic started talking about trying to price a new "crate engine", but eventually found a good motor at a wreckers, that has about 75k on it, for under a thousand dollars. I straight away said, "Do it". So, hopefully next weekend, he will do an engine swap, and I'll take the old one home and do the timing chain at my leisure, without the constraints of it being in the engine bay with little room to work on it. I was thinking of selling it when done, but I'll have no way of test running it, with no ECU, no turbo or exhaust manifold to run the engine with on a stand. If I keep it as a spare, I'll probably never need it anyway.

Cheers,

Mike.
  • 2007 i30 CRDI

Offline Mike8

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gladstone, Qld
I picked the car up from the mechanic's yesterday, with new engine installed, but all is not well. I am going to start a new thread in the right area to continue the saga. I'll put it under "Problems and Issues>Diesel"

Mike.
  • 2007 i30 CRDI

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal