i30 Owners Club

Our new PD i30 SR Premium

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Firstly the sale of our FD Wagon went well. The new owners were thrilled with the condition and it was their second i30. Their other is an FD Diesel Hatch with over 300,000km on the clock. They drove over from QLD all the way to us in VIC to buy the car and it sold within 5 days of being listed online with car sales.

Overall there was more than 20 enquiries with all very keen to put a deposit down before seeing the car! Advice I'd pass on to anyone that owns an FD wagon in diesel and manual... They're rare as hens teeth and people want them! Even though our dealer has said twice now that manual cars take loneger to sell. Not TRUE!

Anyway, we're loving the new PD! Brilliant car and the   petrol turbo with the 7 speed DCT are well matched together.

The only gripe we have is the navigation unit interrupting the music with a notification, then the sound to the from speakers disappears until it is reset. We'll hopefully get that shorted out at the next service

I thought the deal we got was pretty sharp.

Purchased for $34,990 (driveaway)
With
- Tint
- Mats
- Cargo liner
- Full tank of fuel
- Black plates

Since purchasing we have added these!

I would have thought someone would have snapped these up already!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Very cool. Congrats, guys. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Congratulations on the quick sale and your new PD. Go Enjoy  :goodjob2:  :)

Overall there was more than 20 enquiries with all very keen to put a deposit down before seeing the car! Advice I'd pass on to anyone that owns an FD wagon in diesel and manual... They're rare as hens teeth and people want them! Even though our dealer has said twice now that manual cars take loneger to sell. Not TRUE!

I am interested in the above. While I don't know the condition or sale price of your wagon, I have to agree with "our dealer".
As you may have picked up, I am a huge fan of  the diesel manual i30. But my experience leads me to believe that in Australia there is an extreme resistance to manual vehicles and a preference for automatic. THAT is why they are rare as hen's teeth!!!!

20 enquiries in 5 days indicates popularity and a very fair or under priced car. Were these 20 enquiries verbal or text?
When you first advertise you will get a flurry of messages from local or overseas scammers and local Indians/other commission dealers.

• FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
We sold the car for $7,000 with 165,000km. All genuine enquires the trend was that they were older people from the country that do high mileage.

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
...sold within 5 days of being listed online with car sales.

Well, over here in W.A. (Perth metro) I had my manual (6 speed) CW diesel FD on Carsales and Gumtree plus two forums for over a month and had ZERO (not one) enquiry. Mint condition, superbly looked after with extras. Nobody was interested. Had to sell it for a pittance just so it doesn't cost me in rego, depreciation and insurance.

What was the reason you chose the SR? The Elite (or Premium for your model) is the same price and spec except for the highly economical (and reasonably punchy) diesel engine. Oh, and you can get the beige interior with the Elite :D
I drove both and while the SR was nice, the Elite was very refined, had to listen hard to hear the engine...
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Thanks for that. Next time I have one for sale I'll promote it as: ' will suit old fart living near or beyond the black stump.'  :D
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Congratulations on the new car :goodjob: the gallery needs more photos of the PD models :winker:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Well, over here in W.A. (Perth metro) I had my manual (6 speed) CW diesel FD on Carsales and Gumtree plus two forums for over a month and had ZERO (not one) enquiry. Mint condition, superbly looked after with extras. Nobody was interested. Had to sell it for a pittance just so it doesn't cost me in rego, depreciation and insurance.

Sorry to here that. My experience in Metro Queensland has been the same .
 Often time of the year is a factor, people buy when the sun is out, not in the dead of winter. Also not during an election period .
The influence of the news is generally overlooked.
When I was selling used cars on a grand scale I could gauge the day's prospects by looking at the front page of the local rag newspaper. Bad news = No sales. Without exception!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Wow! interesting to hear the difference between WA and Vic especially as the i30 is super popular in WA.

Congrats on the new PD Dean! Awesome. I haven't had that issue with my speakers (thank goodness) maybe a glitch in the software (hopefully an easy fix) :Good_luck:

@Hati

I think the dealers are pushing the SR pretty hard. I didn't get a chance to see or drive any up spec diesel PD's down here. I may have been tempted if I did as the lighter interior would have appealed and also the economy of course. Although I am extremely happy with my SR.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I think the dealers are pushing the SR pretty hard. I didn't get a chance to see or drive any up spec diesel PD's down here. I may have been tempted if I did as the lighter interior would have appealed and also the economy of course. Although I am extremely happy with my SR.

I went back to the same dealer (and sales person) we bought both the FD and the Accent from. He recommended the diesel, especially that unlike "normal", it doesn't cost any more. Win win ;)
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I went back to the same dealer (and sales person) we bought both the FD and the Accent from. He recommended the diesel, especially that unlike "normal", it doesn't cost any more. Win win ;)

And it's a proven unit.  :victory:

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Thanks Dazz!

Really happy with the i30. I do agree with what you said on another thread about first gear being a bit relaxed. The 1.6 definitely has some get up and go!

I drove the diesel with DCT and thought while the 1.6 CRDi is a brilliant engine, the 1.6 petrol was very quick and also delivered great torque like the diesel.

The only reason of go the diesel is for the fuel economy. Given we've now got the Santa Fe CRDi, we were happy to try a petrol again.

My partner really likes the two tone interior of the diesel i30

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti
Congrats! May you enjoy it without any unpleasant incidents!
  • 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline Intergalacticwolf

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Congrats, man! It's a great car. I'm a bit envious of your sunroof and cooled seats haha. Hope you enjoy many years of trouble free motoring from it.

I also found the Navi announcements annoying so I muted everything except for the speed camera chimes. But even then, I got the volume way down on the chimes too so driving isn't so bothersome anymore. Hope you find a setting that suits your comfort.
  • 2017 PD i30 SR DCT

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Well it's probably about time I shared some photos of the new beast.

Just had its 1,500km inspection... Pretty disappointed with Frankston Hyundai's service. Got treated like a second rate customer because we bought it from Essendon Hyundai.

And they wonder why we didn't buy the car from them!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the photos, looks great. They have no idea, do they on how to build a relationship!  :fum:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal