i30 Owners Club

Is the car report from Hyundai worth it?

Offline naser_1998x

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester

• Hyundai i30 2011 CRDi Automatic
Hi guys,
I am just wondering has anyone took there car to Hyundai before and had them write a report about the condition of the car and what are the things that needs to be fixed?
Is it worth the money? And does the report cover a lot of details of the car. Such as Checking the condition of the engine, wirings around the car, belts, arms, joints etc... Or is there report like the MOT report?
Also, if there is a template that can be shown that would be great! or at least an estimated price of the report
Many thanks!!
  • Hyundai i30

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
If you feel the need for a car condition report - I would suggest an independent inspection rather than one carried out by a Hyundai dealer.

Take a look at this one :-

:link: Vehicle Inspection | RAC

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Personally I think they are a waste of money unless you are getting a pre-purchase inspection.

If something doesn't seem right, get it investigated, but if running well, don't go looking for problems.

At the next service identify a good honest independent mechanical service (or dealer) with positive Google reviews. Get them to give the car an extra once over while doing the service and ask them to identify anything likely to need attention soon. Although a good mechanic will do that as part of the service. Just make it clear you don't want any extras done without referral and a rough quote.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Totally with you Dazz. Spot on! :goodjob:

Drive on and ignore the adverts and bloggers.

Vested interests ( in this case within the car industry) play the same fear game that our governments do.
'There could be a terrorist lurking in your car'  to sleep at night you need our half assed security check.
That is if your house doesn't fall down at midnight because you didn't deal with the termite threat.
 :crazy1:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
MMnnn! Call me a cynic...

When I bought my fabulous 2006 Getz nearly 6 years ago, I looked at the Hyundai servicing sheets that the owner supplied with the car. The Getz was serviced by Hyundai just before I took delivery of it in a private sale. In the last service sheet , the attending mechanic noted that "Both the front and rear brake pads are at the end of their working life and should be replaced within 2,000km"....

That was 90,000km ago.

And no...they weren't replaced.... and are still going strong.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:24:52 by tw2005 »

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
MMnnn! Call me a cynic...

When I bought my fabulous 2006 Getz nearly 6 years ago, I looked at the Hyundai servicing sheets that the owner supplied with the car. The Getz was serviced by Hyundai just before I took delivery of it in a private sale. In the last service sheet , the attending mechanic noted that "Both the front and rear brake pads are at the end of their working life and should be replaced within 2,000km"....

That was 90,000km ago.

And no...they weren't replaced.... and are still going strong.

LOL. Yeah, Hilarious. Of course you should always check your self because the time you don't believe them they'll be worn out but, I think plenty of us have had this one. I had a similar experience, added 40000k and still could have done more when I was told new pads needed.

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal