i30 Owners Club

New i30 Boot/Trunk Dimensions

Offline Pleasure Paulie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Hi All,

Thinking about buying the i30 as they look amazing with great features.  Does anybody know approx what the dimensions are of the rear boot space? I know its 395 Litres, but that doesn't say much about its width and height.
  • Hyundai i30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Paulie,

I just did a rough measure of my SR boot and with the floor set to it's lowest setting the dimensions are roughly 1000 mm wide, 750mm front to back and 500mm deep. (400mm deep with floor at higher setting) Plus there are 2 bins (one on either side) about the size of a 2 slice toaster.. 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
Welcome Paulie,

I just did a rough measure of my SR boot and with the floor set to it's lowest setting the dimensions are roughly 1000 mm wide, 750mm front to back and 500mm deep. (400mm deep with floor at higher setting) Plus there are 2 bins (one on either side) about the size of a 2 slice toaster..

NECRO THREAD ALERT

I queried this issue of adjustable floor height when I was looking at an i30 GO in Motors in Hobart yesterday and the sales people didn't know what I was talking about.
I recalled the feature from a youtube review and thought that's interesting but couldn't see how it would have worked on the car I was looking at.

Can you shed some light on this please.
  • 2018 PD2 i30 Elite 2.0 white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Welcome Paulie,

NECRO THREAD ALERT

I queried this issue of adjustable floor height when I was looking at an i30 GO in Motors in Hobart yesterday and the sales people didn't know what I was talking about.
I recalled the feature from a youtube review and thought that's interesting but couldn't see how it would have worked on the car I was looking at.

Can you shed some light on this please.

Mine is the SR which has a narrower (space saver) spare. TBH I am not sure if the base models in the PD have the option to lower the boot floor? Probably not because with the full size spare there may not be room. I have a busy day today, but if I get a chance in the next few days (and my memory doesn't fail me) I'll visit my friends at Motors Devonport and check it out for you.  :cool:

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
Yep, that makes perfect sense.
Didn't think about the space savef spare, but how would you raise the floor level and still have enough support under it to take any weight?
Probably academic anyhow because I won't be looking at an SR.

Thanks for that.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yep, that makes perfect sense.
Didn't think about the space savef spare, but how would you raise the floor level and still have enough support under it to take any weight?
Probably academic anyhow because I won't be looking at an SR.

Thanks for that.

I made time to have a look today and take some photos. The i30 Go and Active boot is completely different to the SR. It has no option to adjust the floor but the way it is designed it seems to have similar space to my SR on the lower setting, which is borne out by the spec sheets I think.

2 photos of the Go boot and one from my SR.

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
in the active the boot floor to the lip the parcel tray sits on is 520mm
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
Hmmm, Motors Hobart only had a GO on the showroom floor, I'll ask if they have an SR sitting around somewhere so I can see for myself what happens here.
Just thought it msy have been a useful feature when loading heavy stuff into the boot was my motivation for checking it out.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal