i30 Owners Club

Android Auto and Pi Music Player works great on my Samsung S8

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I did lots of googling without finding an easy fix for my initial woes with playing music via Android Auto from my new Samsung S8.

So, I decided to try various different music players from Google Play, and found out why Pi Music player gets such a good rating. Edge music player that came with the phone is now uninstalled and so is VLC which I normally find is quite versatile (although more for videos than music)

Anyway, I have now found that with Pi installed, not only will Android Auto play music from my phone when I ask, but I can request a certain Song or certain Artist. Artist works best because then it will play all songs from that artist on repeat, whereas if you just request a song it will just repeat that one song. Great feature, I'm loving it.  :happydance:

Edit: I don't know if it makes much difference, but I have moved my music from the micro SD card to the phone and because it's the 64 GB model I'm having fun adding more music (was surprised how many of my favourites weren't on my phone already)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I didn't know that the entire Village People and Pet Shop Boys collection took up so much room?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I find having the music on the phone is more convenient as well Dazz, Apple play works great now I've got the upgraded stereo :) and with all the music on the phone I can also link to the soundbar when I'm wanting some tunes in the house

I tend to strip the songs I don't like from albums so that the complete phone collection is like a play list...less time skipping to different songs and saves a lot of space (21Gb reduced to 4.5Gb), even though my iPhone has 256Gb :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I didn't know that the entire Village People and Pet Shop Boys collection took up so much room?

You forgot Abba and Boy George...  :whistler: (but actually I don't have any of those on my phone)  :P

I find having the music on the phone is more convenient as well Dazz, Apple play works great now I've got the upgraded stereo :) and with all the music on the phone I can also link to the soundbar when I'm wanting some tunes in the house

I tend to strip the songs I don't like from albums so that the complete phone collection is like a play list...less time skipping to different songs and saves a lot of space (21Gb reduced to 4.5Gb), even though my iPhone has 256Gb :D

Show off!  :lol:

Yes, I do that too. Try to only load songs I won't want to skip (basically a best of each artist.) :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal