i30 Owners Club

Hi From West Australia

mojo · 11 · 2705

Offline mojo

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      West Australia
Hi Guys
Having recently moved from a quiet country town and brought property closer to the city my wife wanted a shopping trolley as she said my Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel 4x4 was to big for her to drive and park around the city without bending to many objects so we went shopping and the new 2012 Hyundai GD i30 Elite 1.6 CRDi Auto 5D Hatchback Diesel was the latest release, but my wife said it was to expensive for a shopping trolley and wanted something cheaper (which was unusual for a women) anyway i was about to agree with her when we were offered a test drive and i thought"why not " so we jumped in and away we went and i was surprised how much get up and go a little 1.6 Diesel had so when the opportunity came to give it a little bit more, the sales girl appealed to my wife's better judgment for me to slow down (i forgot she was back there) as i was too busy having a good time, anyway i said "SOLD" then she went quiet and my wife cracked up laughing then so did she as we drove back to the dealership and signed the paperwork and we never looked back and that was five years ago and the little shopping trolley has never missed a beat in all that time and now if we have to drive to Perth 500 km away and don't need to tow trailers etc we take the Hyundai as we can get there in VERY VERY good time if you know where the radar camera's are and a hell of a lot cheaper than the Nissan which has been relegated to just camping and fishing trips up the coast and towing heavy objects etc.
  • 2012 GD i30 Elite 1.6 CRDi Auto 5D Hatchback DT4 Diesel

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :wlcome01: mojo, already 5 years of ownership...better late than never to join the club :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'Day mojo,

:i30:

5 years of cheap,  trouble free motoring,  way to go.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcumwagon:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Like the others have said,  :welly2: and glad you finally found your mojo and us.  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mojo

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      West Australia
Hi Craig

Yep 5 years and no problems at all, except my wife's driving habits (and i won't go into that) then recently the tailgate would not open, it clicked and went through the motion of trying to work but nothing happened and i had to unbolt the lock from inside to open the door and it looked like the striker arm did not completely move all the way across to unlatch it so i guess it was worn out and got a price for a new one $290 from the local dealer and i was looking to compare prices on the internet when i found you guys and looked through some of the posts to see if anyone had come across the same problem and found one of your members had a love affair with eBay for buying parts and that was the only place i had not checked so i had a look and eventually found a second hand one of a 2014 model one that would fit my car after confirming VIN numbers with the seller (autopartscentre) in NSW and only $110 so hopefully it has not made as many shopping trips as my previous one and works OK.
So thanks to you guys and your members love affair with eBay (i am sure he knows who i mean) i have fixed my small problem on the first visit :happydance:

Cheers Guys.
  • 2012 GD i30 Elite 1.6 CRDi Auto 5D Hatchback DT4 Diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's interesting mojo. So just out of the 5 year warranty I'm guessing. Yes those damned actuators can be a problem although it seems to be the luck of the draw. My friend has a Veloster and the actuator in that went very early (warranty fix in her case, although it took two bites of the cherry to fix it)  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal