i30 Owners Club

GD premium tailgate spoiler heat issue

Offline hampster1958

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Hammy Hampster
During the recent Sydney hot days, the wife came flying into the house and was upset because when she opened the tailgate to put the shopping bags in the back, a loud clunk was heard.!!! yes Hubby to the rescue only to observe that when opening the tailgate, the spoiler was catching on the back edge of the panoramic roof quite severely. It looked like the spoiler has warped from the sun. A visit to  the local dealer confirmed that this is exactly what happened and that the car is required for 2-3 days for the smash repairer to remove and replace with a new spoiler......so it can warp again????  When the weather is cool there is no issue. Now to have the wife part with her car for 2-3 days.....lots of luck is required
  • 2012 FD i30 SLX 1.6 lt CRDi,2012 FD i30 SLX 2.0 SLX,2014 GD I30 Premium CRDi

Offline aranciataoz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
During the recent Sydney hot days, the wife came flying into the house and was upset because when she opened the tailgate to put the shopping bags in the back, a loud clunk was heard.!!! yes Hubby to the rescue only to observe that when opening the tailgate, the spoiler was catching on the back edge of the panoramic roof quite severely. It looked like the spoiler has warped from the sun. A visit to  the local dealer confirmed that this is exactly what happened and that the car is required for 2-3 days for the smash repairer to remove and replace with a new spoiler......so it can warp again????  When the weather is cool there is no issue. Now to have the wife part with her car for 2-3 days.....lots of luck is required
My wife also tends to come flying into the house upset. Nothing to do with our GD or spoiler ...
🤪🤣

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
It really was a spoiler. :idea:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia