i30 Owners Club

Window stuck down, door seal came off

Donk10 · 1 · 3124

Offline Donk10

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West midlands
Ok so today in between thunderstorms we decided to go and get some shopping so after loading the family into the car, my wife decided to go back into the house to collect something so I rolled down the passenger window to pass her the house key. When I went to bring the window back up it only went a little bit back up. Upon inspection I found the seal that comes around the front edge of the window had come loose and was jamming the window when it came back up. I had to get it sorted so I unloaded the family and got the tools out. I managed to get the door card off and after nearly 2 house managed to get the window back up. What happens was that the seal had come off the arm inside the door that holds the window. What I need to do is properly strip the door down but it’s held together in places with bloody pop rivets and I haven’t got a frigging pop rivet gun. I tried my best to get the seal back on but it wasn’t having none of it. Will I need a new seal and is there any tutorial how to properly to remove the window etc?
  • 2010 i30 comfort 1.4 petrol

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal