accim · 19 · 13493

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Hello

Anybody installed xenon kit in i30? Probably..but I've been looking for xenon-related topic on this forum, but I've found none about how to install it etc.. I've already installed it in one car, I'm just not sure if there are any problems with the installation in i30.. And..i know it's not really legal to have aftermarket hid kits, but friend of mine had a tragical accident (he was not hurt, but the other person was...) and one of the reasons for the accident was, that it was night and he saw the person that was hurt too late.. I'm not saying that the accident wouldn't have happened if he had better bulbs/xenon.., but the fact is, that with xenon you see objects earlier and with lens lights like in i30, with appropriate height adjustment, they are not problematical for the drivers that are driving in opposite direction.

So back on topic..I've ordered xenon kit h7 4300K (I like that color).. Now i'm not sure if i should install the kit in the car by myself, or should i give it to my hynudai dealer - they've already installed xenon hid kit in our hyundai santa fe 07' when we bought it..

Thank you for your replies..

Have a nice day, it's sunny but fresh here and it's 11 o'clk in the morning.. There's definetly nothing on the TV and I am so hungry.. Off i go  :wink:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi accim. I took your post out of "diesel pics" so you can get more relevant replies ;)

I think it was Thumper who installed a HID system but later removed it.

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,585.0.html

Can't remember seeing a "how to" guide though...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline tzwientjuh

• 5th Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
1. Undo the 3 x 10mm bolts - The 2 you can see on top and another one inside, half way down...

2. Unclip the black plastic cable tie (left of the base of the washer tube). It's easy to do by hand...

3. Pull the lamp unit gently forwards and up a bit at the front...

4. One of the 2 caps unscrewed and removed...

5. Unscrew one of the caps - this one reveals two bulb housings (one of which is the sidelight)...

6. Unclip the main bulb by hand and replace it with your nice new bulb (don't unscrew any screws) - now do the same with the other main bulb, in the other housing...

7. Remove the sidelight bulb & holder, if you're replacing it. This one just pulls out, it doesn't unscrew...

8. When you do the RH side (as you look at the car from the front), you will need to remove the main plug or the headlamp won't come out far enough...

9. Slide the lamps back into place, making sure that the lugs go back into the holes at the top. Then grease the bolts before you replace them...

Credits does not go to me as I did not made the pics. I had a Word document of that. Don't know where I got it :)
Hope it helps!

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi tzwientjuh

I think there's more work involved installing a xenon HID kit than simply replacing the bulbs... pretty sure there is a controller circuit to install too ?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
The pictures above are really helpful, but i've already seen them and saved them on my hard disc so I wouldn't mess it up :)  Oh..what about headlight alignment? It is necessary to do it probably or not?

I'm mostly concerned if there are any other things that i have to plug in? I mean..I've installed xenon kit in Elantra, and all you had to do is plug the xenon kit in the sockets and that was it. The same is with Hyundai Santa Fe 07'. Is it the same with i30 or are there any problems with it?

thanks

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thumper put some shielding in to reduce glare (but was a bit coy about exactly how he did it) maybe you could PM him for tips... :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

ouri30
One of the reasons I never went further with HID Xeon lights is the bit in the regs that talks about auto levelling headlamps being a requirement in Australia (and I think Europe).  I think some European i30s have levelling devices fitted on the right of the dash allowing manual levelling.

Bob

Offline tzwientjuh

• 5th Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
One of the reasons I never went further with HID Xeon lights is the bit in the regs that talks about auto levelling headlamps being a requirement in Australia (and I think Europe).  I think some European i30s have levelling devices fitted on the right of the dash allowing manual levelling.

Bob
I think all i30's have them :) Mine is always at '1'

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

[I think all i30's have them :) Mine is always at '1'

We don't get that feature in any model (of i30)in Australia... It seems to be a European thing as Euro imports over here have had it for a long time  :cool:

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
yeah, i think that this is an install for xenon filled globes instead of a HID xenon kit but thanks for the walk through tzwientjuh.

The HID Xenon kit has a ballast and you need to drill a decent hole in the back of the screw on caps (behind the globes) for the cables to pass through as the ballast is attached to the body. There are also two conveniently pre-drilled holes on the body of the car near the headlights and if your ballast came with a screw on frame work, it fits perfectly.

There are no extra wires required or anything as it kinda just clips into the pre-existing wiring. Probably the hardest parts of the whole thing was pulling the headlights out and putting them back in

Offline tzwientjuh

• 5th Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
We don't get that feature in any model (of i30)in Australia... It seems to be a European thing as Euro imports over here have had it for a long time  :cool:
Really?

Why do car makers make so many diffrences? Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to make them all the same models?

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
yeah, i think that this is an install for xenon filled globes instead of a HID xenon kit but thanks for the walk through tzwientjuh.

The HID Xenon kit has a ballast and you need to drill a decent hole in the back of the screw on caps (behind the globes) for the cables to pass through as the ballast is attached to the body. There are also two conveniently pre-drilled holes on the body of the car near the headlights and if your ballast came with a screw on frame work, it fits perfectly.

There are no extra wires required or anything as it kinda just clips into the pre-existing wiring. Probably the hardest parts of the whole thing was pulling the headlights out and putting them back in

Thank you and others replies  :wink:

Yes you need to drill a hole on the caps and you have to seal it really well so the water and other particles don't get in. Ok so the installation should be similar to the ones before.. I'll try to install it then when i receive the kit and I'll also try to take some pictures while I do it  :-[

Have a nice day

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Found the thread with thumper's mention of the shields..Quote...

"Putting HiD bulbs into normal halogen housings will, in 99% of the time produce dangerous glare for oncoming drovers.

This is why I opened up my headlamps and fitted 'scatter' shields that do not allow any light from the HiD bulb that would normal go upwards. Hence, I have 0% light transmission up into the air. (Just like a normal HiD install)

I have no problems with road signs at night, whilst on low beam. (I can see them perfectly)"

Here's the link...

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,63.msg167.html#msg167

and another...

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,10.msg29.html#msg29

Hope this helps also.. :D

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Hello :)

I forgot to report how I installed the xenon kit.. Well..it was not easy..because the front light just didn't want to go out.The left one (passengers side) did, but the right one didn't.. I got it out just a bit and somehow installed the xenon bulb (including cables..). It was really tight and I almost lost my nerves, that's why i didn't take any pics.. I wanted to kick i30's lights a** (ss)  :P

Emmm so, how it works? Great! I just love the color (4300K). Installation itself is easy - just plug and play.. The most difficult part is taking the lights out and making holes in those "pads" or how do you call it.. That round plastic, on the inner side of the light, that covers the bulb..

Below, there are some pictures of how it looks now. But the pics are really bad - some of them are too yellow and others too blue. "In live" the color is like the color of xenon flashes on cameras..

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
thats great accim  :cool:

Now I would buy some LED's for the park light :cool:
That would be super!

Offline MyChemR

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

LED's will be bought :D

the color of this kit is a little more Blue than mine (original). But anyway it looks great :wink:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal