i30 Owners Club

pd2 vs pd3

Offline donkey.bas

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I'm considering buying a (used) i30 and I'm looking at fairly recent ones. There seem to be two 'series' available: PD2 or PD.3 and I'm wondering what the differences are.
PD.3 seems to be either "Go" (that is the barebone basic version) or "N line"/"N line premium" (that is the sporty version), whereas PD2 has what seems like everything in between those two extremes.

So is it merely a trim level, or are there any other differences?

Thanks in advance
  • i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The N Line was previously called the SR in the earlier PD1/PD2, it was just a face lift I believe.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The N Line was previously called the SR in the earlier PD1/PD2, it was just a face lift I believe.

Yes, the main differences between the SR (PD2) and N-line (PD3) were cosmetic the front and back made to look more like the Higher level and better performing  i30N

I personally prefer the look of the rear defuser on the SR but the front on the N-line is a bit sportier although the new front lip is more prone to curb damage. A couple of subtle changes to the interior too.

Be aware they did drop blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert in the N-line which was definitely a backward step.  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asdetail

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      gold coast
A few subtle tweaks to the suspension and engine/gearbox mounts and calibration of the dct as well, that's why they took away the bs monitoring and rear cross traffic alert systems, to save some pennies, oh i almost forgot, they threw in a price rise as well :D
  • 2019 i30 n-line dct

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal