i30 Owners Club

Hyundai I30 Oil Changing

Offline gtomovski

• 1st Gear

• mk Macedonia
Hyundai I30 1.4 2011 i bought it last year around this time and changed the oil, the oil filter, the air filter, (these are all the changes i made since i got the car).Passed a total of 6000km approx, and when i checked the oil level the level was below the minimum requirement (below the L on the dipstick), is that normal, i use Castrol Edge 5-30W C3. What is the recommended oil that i should use for this type of I-30. Thanks in advance
  • Hyundai I30 2011

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Is your car diesel? and does it have DPF? the C3 oil is fine if you have a DPF fitted, but if no DPF installed then A3/B4 :link: EDGE 5W-30 A3/B4 | Castrol EDGE - Car Engine Oil | Castrol Australia | Castrol EDGE | Castrol Car Engine Oils | Edge, Magnatec and GTX ranges | Engine Oil | is suitable for petrol and diesel.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:00:25 by CraigB »

Offline gtomovski

• 1st Gear

• mk Macedonia
Thank you very much for your suggestion!
  • Hyundai I30 2011

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Passed a total of 6000km approx, and when i checked the oil level the level was below the minimum requirement (below the L on the dipstick), is that normal,

Not normal unless car has done very high kms.

What is the TOTAL mileage on the clock ?

Petrol or Diesel?
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline yodm

• 3rd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel

• the older I get, the faster I was
I have the 1.6 petrol 2010 and it goes from full to low mark on the stick after 15000 km. it has 230000 km on the clock.
  • I30 CW 2010 1.6 petrol auto

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
 :goodjob2: I could live with that yodm. The car needs to use some oil. gtomovski's consumption seems excessive, assuming that he did completely fill and top up after the oil filter was primed.

My wife's FD 2.0L has done 120,000km and will show a level not less than half way between H & L marks at the 15k change.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal