i30 Owners Club

PD I30 SR Premium front bumper replacement

Offline quix0tic

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney Australia
Hi all,

I was curious as to whether the consensus was that the PD SR Premium front bumper could be swapped out for the new N-Line bumper, and how one might go about sourcing said bumper from Hyundai?

Cheers,

Kev
  • PD I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi all,

I was curious as to whether the consensus was that the PD SR Premium front bumper could be swapped out for the new N-Line bumper, and how one might go about sourcing said bumper from Hyundai?

Cheers,

Kev

Welcome Kev,

I still haven't been able to sight an N line in the Flesh (scarce as hen's teeth down here in Tassie)

I'd be 95% confident they would be a straight swap. As far as sourcing one from Hyundai goes I reckon the cost might be pretty scary then you'd have to factor in the cost of painting!

I'd be thinking $1000 or more all up. But be worth getting a friendly panel beater to make some calls for a price. 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Dazzler, the panel beater is a good call...wonder if Hyundai will want a vin number for proof.
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Dazzler, the panel beater is a good call...wonder if Hyundai will want a vin number for proof.

That's a good call too! Might have to PM an N-line owner on here for a Vin! Could get one from a car yard, but might ring bells if still in dealer stock!

I have a long time contact in the parts department at the local Hyundai Dealer I'll see what I can find out although i'm pretty busy this week for a retired guy!  :crazy1:

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach

although i'm pretty busy this week for a retired guy!  :crazy1:

hahaha, am back in Thailand for a holiday.... amazing how the older retired gents I know need to schedule a time to meet up for a coffee, they reckon they are busier now then when they working 80+ a week !!
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

although i'm pretty busy this week for a retired guy!  :crazy1:

hahaha, am back in Thailand for a holiday.... amazing how the older retired gents I know need to schedule a time to meet up for a coffee, they reckon they are busier now then when they working 80+ a week !!

Yep, this week I've had Massages, Blood tests, Catch ups with mates. Got another "regular" massage tomorrow and a catch up with my youngest to check out her new place then Wifey wants to do a road trip on Friday!  :crazy1:

Offline quix0tic

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney Australia
I think I will reach out to Hyundai first and see how that goes ... I'm confident it is a straight swap as all the surrounding panels are the same, I'm not sure if the N-Line premium has the DRL/Indicator combo like the SR Premium does though, that might be a hurdle.

Failing that I might go down the "front lip" route ... I just feel the SR lacked an aggressive front to match the rear.

If you had any luck with your Hyundai parts guy I'd appreciate the info! Thanks guys
  • PD I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I think I will reach out to Hyundai first and see how that goes ... I'm confident it is a straight swap as all the surrounding panels are the same, I'm not sure if the N-Line premium has the DRL/Indicator combo like the SR Premium does though, that might be a hurdle.

Failing that I might go down the "front lip" route ... I just feel the SR lacked an aggressive front to match the rear.

If you had any luck with your Hyundai parts guy I'd appreciate the info! Thanks guys

Sorry I forgot about that, although i haven't actually been in the dealership since you started this topic. I just made a call. It comes in 2 parts, top part $800, lower section $300 + painting and fitting (if you don't want to do it yourself).

I'd either wait until one comes up at a wreckers if an N-line gets totaled from the side or rear, or alternatively if you ever damage yours negotiate with insurance to pay any difference for a parts swap. If that is possible.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal