i30 Owners Club

Sat Nav Version

Offline Gonads90

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
My car 2015 i30 DG3 SR Premium auto has a satnav version of 8.5.11.391361 Apr 29 2014. Now considering we are supposed to get free updates every year while in warranty and it's now 2019 and the updates come every year, it seems we are not.

Is my assumption correct?

Cheers in advance for your replies.
  • i30 2015 DG3 SR Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You were lucky if you got updates for the warranty period of the vehicle, the GD-01 and GD-02 I think we’re only 3 years of complimentary updates :undecided:

The newer PD models get them for 10 years.

I just noticed you meant you’ve had no updates, have you had the vehicle in for servicing at Hyundai? as they’re the only people who can update the system.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 04:32:56 by CraigB »

Offline caprimulgus

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
FWIW, we had our first service on our GD-01 (bought the car secondhand) last December, which was the last service within warranty. They updated the maps to the latest at the time (which I believe was 2017 maps, so a year behind). So you definitely should have had maps updated in that time!

Will be interested to see if they give us the update for free when we put it in for service this December (first out of warranty). Might take the car elsewhere if Hyundai doesn't want to chuck it in for free!

(I mean, they just need to plug in a USB stick right?)
  • 2013 GD Elite Tourer CRDi, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Blue

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal