i30 Owners Club

Strut bar

Guest · 41 · 12962

alinsslx
Agent you are right in calling them donkeys.
Hyundai ws gonna do my 45 000ks service without replacing the coolant ?!?!? (what the?) while being dearer than anybody else.
NO THANKS, I THINK I'LL USE K-MART.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
This stops right here right now.

We have, at the last count, 12 dealerships registered within our forum... most of which regularly check the postings in the "problems & issues" section. IPcheck shows other franchises dipping in to see what we're saying.

Please refrain from using abusive epithets - it won't help you one bit.

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
  :whsaid::goodjob: :hatoff:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Gee, I would've classed "donkey" as being well down the list of offensive words....I'm sure dealers have been called much worse than that at times.....  :eek:

alinsslx
Hi Shambles,

We won't call them any names, but who should be more worried, us calling them donkeys or themselves performing a service where they charge for something they won't actually do?!?

Enuff of the dealerships, back to the strut bars :)

I'm looking forwards to the out of warranty time when I'll be able to mod my I30 to my liking perhaps adding a rear sway bar as well, Kings springs, Monroe shockers etc...;)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm looking forwards to the out of warranty time when I'll be able to mod my I30 to my liking perhaps adding a rear sway bar as well, Kings springs, Monroe shockers etc...;)

There is no way I would be waiting 5 years to do those mods .. Personally I would be a bit wary about voiding the warranty with engine mods but suspension is a bit different .. Those sort of mods shouldn't trigger any warranty claims.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

alinsslx
I know it sucks, but if used for business I was told they give me a warranty for 130 000Ks only, so I'm at 55 000 now, not long to go :)

I don't think anybody can ever argue a strut bar can damage an engine directly, unless the strut bar was used for racing therefore the racing destroyed the engine. But then again who the heck in the right mind  takes an auto petrol I30 to the racing track ?  My N16 Pulsar which is like 86 Kw manual would smoke the hell out of the 105Kw 2L I30.

The auto gear box IMO is a big let down in favor of economy at this car.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
the guys up here lost the contract, because they were pretty usless... now i have no local hyundai dealers...

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
who was it Ian?   :disapp:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline Rec01L

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Southern Highlands NSW
Just and update on this...

The holes on the strut brace mounts are large for a reason, they allow for proper adjustment when installing.

Strut braces should be installed with the car jacked up but with a small amount of pressure remaining on the front wheels to keep them square.

If you install it with the car on the ground you arent adding any preload so its not really bracing as much as its supposed to.

Inversely installing one with the wheels off the ground will result in the camber setup being throw, which inturn loads the brace too much and will result in either the welds on the brace failing after time, the top strut bolts being bent, or worse, cracking the strut towers

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal