i30 Owners Club

Dealership Servicing

tw2005 · 10 · 3632

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
So , The old mans i30 is gone and traded. had some stalling issues in the latter half of it's life and I thought I'd have a close look at the paperwork.

One thing he's always been habitual about is paper records.

Apr 2009 - 21 may 17 is the period.

I'm throwing this out there and anyone who's interested I'm keen to get some feedback.

At every service 263202A500 Oil filter kit. Contents as seen

Same service , everytime 995641400 also charged  as seen.

About a $4 hit + GST

Question is, it's already covered by the Oil filter kits and even the aftermarkets supply same.

This one caught my attention. 319224H001 Fuel filter $124.45 + GST in 2013

In 2012 at 65000K, Auto trans flush, $262, 12 months and 22000k later, another trans flush, another $270. 2 flushes in 12 months and that mileage yet nothing up to 3 years and 65000k.

Pollen filter replaced jan 2013, $28 filter, 2 1/2 years later $80 part?

The icing for me is the unresolved stalling issue.

This car not once, not twice  but three times has had 319112H900 replaced assuming th epaperwork is accurate . All claimed through harrier nsurance $400 item ,  and about the same in labour. 2014 - present and yes this was the last item fitted as rectification.

I've removed mine and if you can't get it out and in in an hour, you probably should not be holding a spanner. These even come complete assembled, Quick connect fuel lines, a couple of bolts, a few electrical connectors. A bit cramped but $400 labour ?  :crazy2:

they quote the same diagnostics in all reports , air bubbles seen in fuel lines.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 13:29:04 by tw2005 »
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Want to name the dealership? I'm sure they are thinking fondly of him  :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:.
I see he missed his annual steering fluid flush.  :blubber: 
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
You can also imagine how much thought was put into the stalling complaint...ZiP.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It really does illustrate the difference between a good and a bad dealer service department, Unfortunately, places like that one put us off using all dealer's service departments.

Makes it hard for guys like Tim @cruiserfied who would I am sure be only doing and charging what is fair and reasonable at the Tamworth Hyundai service centre.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Want to name the dealership? I'm sure they are thinking fondly of him  :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:.
I see he missed his annual steering fluid flush.  :blubber:

It could be systemic as I have a cairns dealer also doing the exact same thing. Should I refer to it as tricks of the trade?

Let's face it , the poor bloke swinging the spanner is doing his job or what he's told, Some smart bean counter is working the numbers.

Heaps of flushing agents used too, fuel, oil, trans  you name it. If there's a flush made for a purpose, it was used , all adds up, Sundries is another nice hit $15, waste disposal, oil is variable but it's been 5w40 the whole way .

The old man definitely put his whole trust in them. For a guy that would wear his clothes to threads and refuse to have a light installed in the dunny, he certainly threw caution to the wind.

One thing I did notice, it appears the extra sump seal has dropped off after Jan 2015, so maybe they realised.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
A quick google tells me that $400 part can be found for $100 us with free shipping $133.85 Aussie.

I would be suprised too if the 'transmission flush' was a true flush. I inquired with a dealer what they did re the auto service and they told me that they dropped the fluid and replaced it thats it.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I would be suprised too if the 'transmission flush' was a true flush. I inquired with a dealer what they did re the auto service and they told me that they dropped the fluid and replaced it thats it.
When we had the auto box serviced in our Excel just recently my mechanic mate explained why the full flush service was expensive, they pump about 15 litres of trans fluid through it to flush it out properly and it's a bit of a pain to do too apparently as if air gets into the system while they're doing it the box ends up with a lot of problems.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
When we had the auto box serviced in our Excel just recently my mechanic mate explained why the full flush service was expensive, they pump about 15 litres of trans fluid through it to flush it out properly and it's a bit of a pain to do too apparently as if air gets into the system while they're doing it the box ends up with a lot of problems.

Don't have a problem with th eflush charge, do have a problem with the second one. And it states it was hooked up to a proper flushing machine and I think about 50% more fluid than capacity.

It would cost me at least $100 just in fluid so fair enough.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
It really does illustrate the difference between a good and a bad dealer service department, Unfortunately, places like that one put us off using all dealer's service departments.

Makes it hard for guys like Tim @cruiserfied who would I am sure be only doing and charging what is fair and reasonable at the Tamworth Hyundai service centre.  :undecided:

I dont know if I would use the word bad, typical maybe. It the multiple replacement of the same item over and over that has me suspicious at $800 a pop. Fair enough if it was fully resolved.

Also had a super dooper 3 Bond Diesel Treatment applied by trained personnel only.

There's no doubt it's been serviced well, basically overserviced but that's due to the lack of travelling.

Still drives like a new one and always garaged. Just a shame about the stall which we will never know if the last repir did anything.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yeah, undiagnosed, intermittent problems are the worst kind!  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal