Had a good "fang" in my SR yesterday.

Dazzler · 5 · 16650

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
As a responsible 62 year old I tend to drive quite conservatively these days.  However yesterday I had to do a mercy dash for a relative.  I promised to pick her up at 9am and Mr Google said I was going to get there at 9.18.

Now about 40 of the 70 odd kilometre outward bound trip was on Targa Tasmania roads and with the shine now taken of my newish Michelin Pilot Sport 4s I decided to give the SR a bit of stick.

It's pretty hard to take much time off Mr Google's arrival times but I got there at 9.08! My overall fuel use since returning from our last road trip is 7.2 L/100kms but yesterday's figure was 8.4 which I guess was not bad in the circumstances.  I did hurry back but a bit less agressively as had my youngest daughter in the car.

With the new Pilot Sports she is a real beast. I've done that road (Frankford Highway) in anger in a real mix of cars but never had more fun. So predictable and with great feedback. I was pushing quite hard but still felt safe and secure. Awesome car.

Not sure why the driving time says two hours 15 minutes! The total does include another shorter drive around town. The trip from Devonport to Glengary and back probably only took less than 90 minutes.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"
How long did the original tyres last, @Dazzler? Not that I'm anywhere near there, but a bit fed up with road noise on some of our roads and wondering whether I'll fork out a bit more for quieter tyres down the track.
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

How long did the original tyres last, @Dazzler? Not that I'm anywhere near there, but a bit fed up with road noise on some of our roads and wondering whether I'll fork out a bit more for quieter tyres down the track.

Hi Mate,

I switched at around 43k but probably could have stretched past 50. They started to get noisier although when they swapped them they said one had a bit of damage which may have contributed to the noise. I suspected as much as although no visial externam damage I was getting a bit of a thunk thunk noise only audible on smooth bitumen at low speeds. I'm convinced the Michelins are a little bit quieter but it is also the quality of the noise. Not as harsh a roar,

Offline AEdwards59

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Mont Albert, Vic
Good to hear you review on the Michelins. Just signed the contract for a 6 speed N Line which come new with these tyres.
  • I30 GD Elite Automatic 5 dr Hatch 2014

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good to hear you review on the Michelins. Just signed the contract for a 6 speed N Line which come new with these tyres.

Congrats. Certainly a good move by Hyundai. A much better tyre than the Hankooks on the SR.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal