i30 Owners Club

bluetooth connections problems 2014 i30 elite

Offline pyorkie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Smithton NW Tasmania
I have paired my new oppo r15 with my car about 20 times ..... will pair with the connected signal icon ... will be able to make calls ... in and out ... then unable to make calls ... then intermittently a red x (no signal) .... any idea where I can get an upgrade for my head unit?

It has been replaced by hyundai 4 times for various faults .... general error (unable to fix or reset) ..... maps showing wrong time and screens (unable to fix or reset) .... freezing (unable to fix or reset) now this is the latest issue.

I am now two half months out of warranty and no way to get info ... or updates.

Any help would be gratefully accepted
pyorkie     :disapp:
  • 2013 i30 elite

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I was lead to believe you get 12 months warranty on any replaced part :undecided:

I’m also unsure if Oppo use a slightly different range for their BT connections or not :undecided:

Generally I’d suggest upgrading the head unit to a GD03 model but I think your 2014 Elite model has satnav so shape is slightly different, you might be better off looking at an aftermarket Android unit as I can’t see anymore firmware updates being available for your current head unit...it’s possible the Oppo is the problem and might require an update :Dunno:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal