i30 Owners Club

Apple CarPlay

Offline RexHunt

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Hi All,

What's the easiest/cheapest option to get Apple CarPlay in my 2013 i30 gd Elite?

Here's a pic of the factory unit, it has Bluetooth, satnav and reverse camera. There's already USB port next to aux input as well.

Many thanks.

• I30 gd

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Here ya go :link: Car - Wireless CarPlay Adaptor - Quad Lock® Australia - Official Store

Looking further into it that adaptor requires the vehicle to already have wired carplay :(

Offline RexHunt

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Thanks, although the description reads "Quad Lock Wireless CarPlay Adaptor is only compatible with iPhones and vehicles/head units equipped with wired Apple CarPlay".

To my knowledge, the factory head unit doesn't have wired Apple CarPlay, so the adaptor won't work right?
  • I30 gd

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
To my knowledge, the factory head unit doesn't have wired Apple CarPlay, so the adaptor won't work right?
Correct as mentioned in my edited post.

You might be looking at installing a new head unit.

The base model cars could be retrofitted with the later GD-03 head unit available from Korean motor wreckers though it doesn't fit all that well with the premium models that had the satnav unit with the auto air conditioning panel.

Offline RexHunt

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Ok, so looks like the only option is an aftermarket head unit install.

There's a handful of places that sell all in one kits like these.

:link: Hyundai i30 Head Unit Upgrade Kit (Carplay) 11'-17' – DriveiTech

:link: Hyundai i30 2012-2017 - CARPLAY, DIRECT FIT, UPGRADE KIT – baeumer technologies
  • I30 gd

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks like you have it sorted :goodjob:

I'd stick with the first link as it's AU based, just in case you have any issues, fingers crossed you don't :fingers:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal