i30 Owners Club

The i30 Owners Club/Forum - A life changer for some!

Dazzler · 19 · 18204

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The Club's 10th Anniversary and meeting another member yesterday (Eddie) in Launceston, got me thinking what a big effect the site has had on my life!

When I made a flippant comment about starting an i30 club at the bottom of an i30 review a bit over 10 years ago, I had no idea how it would snowball!

In hindsight 99% of my experiences in that 10 years have been positive. Even the few negative issues have been a positive learning experience.

Probably my only regret so far is that I haven't been able to meet any overseas members.

I don't think I am the only one who has been significantly effected by the club either. Obviously Steve has put huge hours into maintaining it and I think it has mostly been a labour of love.

The almost instant reaction of many long term active members when the site crashes makes me think these members still have a strong affinity with the club as well.

If something were to happen and the site disappeared off the net overnight I think a lot of us would think our right arm had been cut off!

Thanks to all the long term active members for their continued support. Long live the i30 owners club!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Well said, Dazz.
I'm only a Newby at 8 1/2 years but have enjoyed it all.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Well said, Dazz.
I'm only a Newby at 8 1/2 years but have enjoyed it all.

7 years older than me 😀
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
From another newby , would really miss the i30 club. Such a great friendly club. :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thankfully there are forums like this that are so friendly with an excellent comradery and some of the most efficient and accurate help advice I've come across , I've met several great members through the i30 owners club and hope there's still more to meet  :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thankfully there are forums like this that are so friendly with an excellent comradery and some of the most efficient and accurate help advice I've come across , I've met several great members through the i30 owners club and hope there's still more to meet  :D

You're just fishing for a free shout when I get over there in July...  :whistler: :mrgreen:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
The Club's 10th Anniversary and meeting another member yesterday (Eddie) in Launceston, got me thinking what a big effect the site has had on my life!

When I made a flippant comment about starting an i30 club at the bottom of an i30 review a bit over 10 years ago, I had no idea how it would snowball!

In hindsight 99% of my experiences in that 10 years have been positive. Even the few negative issues have been a positive learning experience.

Probably my only regret so far is that I haven't been able to meet any overseas members.

I don't think I am the only one who has been significantly effected by the club either. Obviously Steve has put huge hours into maintaining it and I think it has mostly been a labour of love.

The almost instant reaction of many long term active members when the site crashes makes me think these members still have a strong affinity with the club as well.

If something were to happen and the site disappeared off the net overnight I think a lot of us would think our right arm had been cut off!

Thanks to all the long term active members for their continued support. Long live the i30 owners club!
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You're just fishing for a free shout when I get over there in July...  :whistler: :mrgreen:
:rofl:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

:fingers:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Good stuff Dazz...   this place is one of my first visits of the day  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good stuff Dazz...   this place is one of my first visits of the day  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Cheers Asa, I must admit I'm always pleased to see your name in the online list.  :goodjob:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
10 years.............. my that has passed quick.

Must treat myself to a brew or 2 later....

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

You wouldn't shout if you were on fire  :whistler:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You wouldn't shout if you were on fire  :whistler:

Actually you'd be surprised! I've shouted quite a few people stuff over the years.. Not saying I haven't mumbled about it under my breath afterwards though...  :whistler: :evil:

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
Very well done Dazz. You are a star and a very knowledgeable person. Good luck, a lot of work is put into the site by you.. :goodjob2: :goodjob: 
  • 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 CRDi auto White.

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Only new to the Forum.   But very happy to be here. It's always good to share & help out others, or get a little help as well..
I have been members of other forums from other cars that I have owned.  Most time there can be no better place to find good information.

As I'm planning on keeping my car for quite a long time.. I guess I will be hanging around here a bit.
And I do check up on here at least once a day. Times depending if I'm on day shift or night shift..   Or on days off :)
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Very well done Dazz. You are a star and a very knowledgeable person. Good luck, a lot of work is put into the site by you.. :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Shambles is the man! He keeps the wheels turning web wise...  I'm just the mouth from the south...  :rofl:

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
All the best to Shambles as well. :happydance:
  • 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 CRDi auto White.

Offline LargePig

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Basingstoke, Hampshire
Congrats on 10 years well hosted  :cool:
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.4lt, Manual, Black

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal