i30 Owners Club

I have taken my shiny red one......

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
....in for it's second service this morning.   The women behind the counter tried to do some shroud waving to get me to have a flush.  I told her that the car manucturer recommned against this but she seemed unmoved.  So I have searched out the notice on the world wide wait and here it is..... :-

Damaged Engine Seals and Bearings

In February 2009, Hyundai Motors issued a technical service bulletin that recommends against engine flushing for all Hyundai models. The reason: the method and proprietary chemicals used in flushing engines can cause internal damage, specifically to engine seals and bearings. Damages to these parts can result in dangerous oil and lubricant leaks. In fact, Popular Mechanics, an online magazine, lists engine flushes as one of the top five unnecessary car maintenance procedures because an unusually dirty engine is not a normal problem.

Read more: What Are the Dangers of Flushing Automobile Engines? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6950907_dangers-flushing-automobile-engines_.html#ixzz1l2aNGie7

I have printed this out (in big print for the hard of thinking) and will press this into her hand when I go to collect my bueaty later on..

Also, whilst I am having a moan ( I do enjoy a good moan )  I prepaied for  my service charge and this pre payment includes a loan car.  I didn't get a loan car and she said, 'Oh you didn't order one'........   Well I bloody well did order one when I gave them a shit load of money two years ago, so I am properly narked about that.  If I pay for a service from anyone I expect to get what I have paid for...   

Right I will get back to whatever I am doing to pass the time whilst I wait for my car to be ready   AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mr Grumpy  :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Grump away my dear friend, and get that £15 £25 back for the loaner you never received. hrmmph.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I take it they would have charged you for the flush as not part of the pre paid service deal....... and at a pretty penny as well.

So how did you get home?

Taxi by any chance.  So charge them the cost plus 30% admin
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 17:57:41 by eye30 »
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Blimey Mr Grumpy - you sound quite flushed - I couldn't do better myself.................. :evil:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I have my car back now...  It was dark by the time I got there for it, after walking in the icy cold evening air with chest pain <sigh>...    However as I drove off the forecourt, (after venting my spleen again about the loan car), it did feel quite perky (I know, I know the placebo effect) but really, it felt more lively.  The foot brake and handbrakes where like new again and that's about all I can tell.  Oh except I did follow the excellent advice from twelve months ago and checked my mileage, they only put 3 miles on her this year.

So, tomorrow when I am wrapped up against the icy blasts I will pop the lid and have a proper look see and report back.   I have no work till Friday, but on Friday I will be whizzing past Steves house on me way to Blackpool and I will see how she rolls then.

Finally I gave the women the written evidence that engine flushing is dangerous and she assured me she wasn't gonna ask anyone else, do I believe that, not likely...

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
^-- don't forget to toot  :honk:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
they only put 3 miles on her this year.

How far is McDonalds?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I would be peeved too ASA  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
they only put 3 miles on her this year.

How far is McDonalds?

I like your thinking, but no, Mcdougals is just a stride up the street ......    Last year it must have been all the chippies in manci <sigh>

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I would be peeved too ASA  :disapp:

Daz,  I was incandescent with rage and in my rant the club was used a weapon several times   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:  Along the lines of 'My friends at the owners club' and so on and so forth.   My name will be mud at that dealership now, I'll bet she gave her old man a right bad time of it the evening  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am still thinking of getting out my best red crayon and doing one of my splenetic latters....    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

I am still thinking of getting out my best red crayon and doing one of my splenetic latters....    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If it makes you feel better .. go for it I say  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal