i30 Owners Club

bumpkins 1st service.

Guest · 12 · 5619

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Well my baby had her first medical on Friday and all is well.  As promised here is the breakdown of the costs for a 1.6 petrol service.

• Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Looks a decent price for a year's piece of mind... :)

Odometer : 5102

Jeesh. She's not even run in yet :rolleyes:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Looks a decent price for a year's piece of mind... :)

Odometer : 5102

Jeesh. She's not even run in yet :rolleyes:

This is where the world is all wrong.  In order to afford having a car you need to work.  This means that you drive to work (in my case about 4 miles) and leave it lying in a car park for the day whilst you slog your way through the day (says he typing this at "work" :razz:) then drive the 4 miles home again.  On a Saturday I drive to the golf club (about 3 miles) and leave her for 4.5 hours whilst I WALK :rolleyes:, then drive her home again.

Note to self - Must get out more on a SUNDAY. :lol:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Ride:  i30 Premium Sport, full MS Kit, 18" wheels, bumper protectors, white stripes, full leather interior, ABS, ESP, TPMS, heated seats, mirrors & wipers, auto lights & wipers, folding mirrors, photochromic rearview, auto windows all round, can it get any better???

Apparently not; you could include "auto-illuminating ignition lock" as a feature, seeing as some have reported as not having it ;)

Offline sparki30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Kent

• Kent England. 1.6CRDI Premium
Bumkin what did you do to get all that discount :wink:

Cost me £143 for my 1.6 CRDI 1st service on Saturday but dealer did give me a free loan car, an i20 and I have to say I wasn't that impressed compaired to the I10 and our beloved I30.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Cost me £143 for my 1.6 CRDI 1st service on Saturday but dealer did give me a free loan car...
That's the problem we have with our oil-burning diesels.... cost of ownership is higher than for the petrolheads (longer service time, more expensive *exclusive* engine oil etc)

To be honest sparki I think your cost was reasonable, given you got a loan car too (which they might have factored in some kind of insurance offset). My 1st service was £139 plus I paid £10 for insurance offset on a loaner. Also, my oil was £38+vat

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Just like me you only do a small mileage, mine is 6k per year, so I make that known to the insurance co and get lower premium.

It tickles me - consumables - probably a squirt of window screen cleaner fluid and a pair of disposable gloves.

My 1st service cost was £140'ish. I'll try and find posting.
This included a "free" courtesy car, so long as it is insurence fully comp which is included on my policy while my car is in the hands of the motor trade for service or repair and that extra expensive oil, speci C3, which you don't need for a petrol.

ps
Shambles - Check your policy to see if you have this already as I think you are with the same co as me, it will save you the £10 next time.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline sparki30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Kent

• Kent England. 1.6CRDI Premium
I was quite happy with the cost, just surprised that a petrol was cheaper. It used to be the other way round a diesel was cheaper to service than a petrol. I did ask that the correct grade of oil was used but on the invoice just said 'Engine oil' no specification, so I hope they used the correct one ! (£29.92 +vat)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I did ask that the correct grade of oil was used but on the invoice just said 'Engine oil' no specification, so I hope they used the correct one ! (£29.92 +vat)

If I was you I'd check again with the garage to make sure they used C3. 

When Shambles had his service they used "stock" oil which they had to change.

My oil was about £48 plus VAT, very expensive compared to "stock" oil which would be £25
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Brian.. this is an interesting thread.. :razz:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline trev012

• 3rd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Glasgow
Brian,  Great price for 1st service.  Have you had any more done since then? I've put a post (below) further on this forum as I feel future service costs may cause me to sell earlier than expected ..............

Offline likeamushroom

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Newcastle
My i30's 10000mile service which was carried out 9months ago cost exactly £100 after i haggled with the service manager at my supplying dealer.! :)
Its second service at 22500miles is getting done next week at another dealer and once again after haggling i managed to get a reduction and got the price down to £140.
Both services are the full inspection and replacement as per Hyundai service schedule, using Hyundai parts and at a Hyundai dealership.
I reckon Ive got a good deal......... :)

Regards

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal