i30 Owners Club

Shipment Delayed NSW

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Some pretty disappointing news for me.
Was meant to receive my i30 this week or next week, but its been delayed.

Looks like the ship wont be arriving until November 5th according to my dealer.
And earliest date of pickup will probably be Mid way through November.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has received similar news?

As an upside, atleast it should be here before Christmas, but still rather disappointing.
:)

Thanks,
Cam

Offline grug

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Did you see this yesterday Cam?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/17144/hyund ... ull-swing/

Oh, and hi.  I'm awaiting delivery of a 2.0 SLX in November, but if this forum is anything to go by, it'll probably be November 2010!  :shock:

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Hey Grug,

Thanks for the link!
I had no idea that had happened.

Sets my mind at ease.
Atleast I know why now!

Cheer Grug!
Just put a smile on my face.
:D

Offline davet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour

• Rides: i30 crdi SLX white
ouch!
Mine was originally due sept 19, now October 5th, from this sounds like I could be in the same boat as you ('scuse the pun..).  Some stuff is coming through though (vic deliveries eg as reported by bdennis).

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
My dealer told me 10 days delay.  But they originally told me the boat was in Freo already.  They said it was due to industrial action by dock workers, I assumed it was in Freo not Korea.

No jokes about the Freo Dockers football team either please!!

Offline middy

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• White i30 SLX CRDi, 5sp man. Brisbane, QLD
Quote from: "grug"

Oh, and hi.  I'm awaiting delivery of a 2.0 SLX in November, but if this forum is anything to go by, it'll probably be November 2010!  :shock:   I don't know if it's good news that production is back in full swing, or bad news that they were on strike in the first place (there's probably nothing worse than getting a car built by a disgruntled worker).

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Quote from: "middy"

Yikes   :shock:   I don't know if it's good news that production is back in full swing, or bad news that they were on strike in the first place (there's probably nothing worse than getting a car built by a disgruntled worker).

Hmm yeah thats another thought.
I hope quality control will still be in place and not ignored!

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Oh, and hi.  I'm awaiting delivery of a 2.0 SLX in November, but if this forum is anything to go by, it'll probably be November 2010!  :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Grug,

Welcome to the club... Being a petrol SLX your wait shouldn't be too long (My local Devonport dealer only has 3 x i30's in stock at the moment two are petrol SLX)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome grug

All being well your have it by Xmas so you can make the most of your summer.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline DanUK

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Milton Keynes
Well I went to order mine a couple of weeks ago and was told by my dealer that Hyundai had capped their orders for new factory ordered i30's and they couldn't order me one until Jan 09!!

Needless to say I'm still without the car I've been wanting since 2007!

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hey Danuk,
That just seems a ridiculous claim from your dealer. Do they want to sell cars?
I would be talking to other dealers if I were you.

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I would expect other dealers may have stock in so may be best trying other dealers in your area for stock availability
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Quote from: "DanUK"
Well I went to order mine a couple of weeks ago and was told by my dealer that Hyundai had capped their orders for new factory ordered i30's and they couldn't order me one until Jan 09!!

Needless to say I'm still without the car I've been wanting since 2007!

What's the wait like for the cee'd in UK?  I'd consider one of them if I had to wait too long for an i30

Offline justincase42

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Jimboomba, QLD
I originally ordered my I30 SlX back in APRIL 08. I was adviced that it will be here around early JULY 08. Early JULY 08 arrives. I rang the dealer said, "Where's my car...:...reply" who was the sales person, "I replid" Box head", they replied, "He quit, we will give u a call when we know". Anyway, 2 weeks later I called them back as did not recieve the call. I was adviced that delivery was delayed by 4 weeks and the car should be here in early august. Anyway, august arrives and I get the call....Your car is here, come and get it... YAY YAY YAY! So I rock up to the dealership, shake hands with some yobo...he walks me to the car and says, here it is........wait a minute...its the wrong colour...... Its.....Petrol not diesel......its auto not manual...WTF! Oh there was a mistake in your order......I walk away.....I get a call and was advised that Hyundai sent the wrong car.... New delivery date, september 12th..... Ok. So 12th September rocks up...I call them...Dood where's my car..... Oh there was a delay and no cars were delivered to Australia.....Wont be here till October...... October gets here.....Dood wheres my car...... Oh its here at the dealership but since we weren't expecting to get it until november we have no towbars in stock and we cant get it delivered to the yard that details it.....OMFG WTF &^$& HEADS!!!!!............... Anyway....... Hopefully will get car next week! FINGERS CROSSES. Then a mate from work tells me....Oh my wife went to hyundai last month and ordered 10 I30 diesels....she loves them, they drive them everywhere. My reply, "WTF you got them already". His reply, "Yea, only took 2 weeks"...............

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Justin.. That's a terrible story...  :cry:  :oops:  :oops:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ras

• 2nd Gear
Well I guess i shouldn't complain i ordered mid july, 17th to be exact, called up last week to find out what was going on, was told 8-12weeks delivery time when i ordered, the sales guy informed that the shipment had been delayed till 17th october so i would not get my car until end october early november. I know the 17th was yesterday but no news is bad news when it comes to the i30 being delivered.

I am so close to walking down the road and spending and extra $10K on the diesel xtrail except i dont think the budget will go that far.

The only real bonus is at least I am getting factory cruise on the TDCi downer is i paid $990 for ESP and TCS which are now standard for base price increase of $400!!.

sympathies all round, My dealer said they have people still waiting from june!! :cry:

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Justincase....sorry to hear that mate.
I can feel your pain

You can PM me if you dont wish to disclose it on the forum.
I'm just interested thats all. Because ras, I ordered mine In July also and was told exactly the same thing.
Except the expected arrival date would be mid November. So I still havent got it yet....lol

Btw ras, I drove a 2008 Xtrail the other day. It was a petrol not diesel, but I think the interior is much much nicer on the inside in the i30.
It went quite well (and Im sure the diesel would go much better than the petrol also...) but although I didnt mind driving it, I dont think its an overly practical car.

There is hardly any leg room in the back for anyone.
;)

Offline pchandle

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville
My 2 cents...

I drive a Nissan 'entrails' for work. Wouldn't own one if you gave it to me. They're somewhat comfortable, but the throttle lag sucks and without a significant load, some form of wheel spin when you 'need' to get off the line is inevitable.. The panels on those things feels awfully thin as well - I've 'popped' a front guard on an xtrail just by leaning against it!

Though I'm yet to send much time in an i30, my impressions of it would give a lot more credit to the Hyundai designers.

PC.

Offline mrredfox

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Justincase... I can sortof share ur pain. I've been waiting since June 4th for SLX diesel. Was told the car arrived in early August (I think.. so long ago).... then it wasnt here (???) Anyways, am still waiting....  impatiently.. however there are some consoling factors... comes with factory cruise now..... is approx $600 cheaper (i'm scrounging for a discount from my dealer and they will pass it on "if they're invoiced for a lesser amount from hy-oz"). Also on Monday received vouchers for free servicing for first two years (ok.. this is two services.. 15k and 30k)..

However, none of this matters without a car!!!

MRF

Offline ras

• 2nd Gear
Dont mind sharing Kloster Hyundai Hamilton.
Not impressed with their follow up work.

Called them on monday and still haven't heard back.

I did get a letter form the Hyundai national Sales manger with vouchers for the 15K and 30K services and an appolgy for the delayed delivery.(sounds like this is a blankit mailout.)

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Cheers ras.
Well its good to see that you've got a few vouchers anyway for the wait.

I've not had any vouchers arrive yet, but I'll definitely be asking the dealer when I pick it up.

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
Hey guys...just a thought....
when i went to get my car...I asked what would the wait be if i had to...he said that...if its in australia somewhere then couple of weeks other wise a month or so....so i was wondering...if you guys are dealing with 'Honeycombes Hyundai Australia' then  m pretty sure that they can send cars from up here in the NT, coz i've seen quite a bit in the showrooms...but i guess that would again be a case of how much of a demand it has up here...by the look of it...well...there seems to be quite a number on the road now...but..still give it a try...but then again...dun think so CC is here yet. must still  be travelling. :(  :|

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Mine will be here no later than next Wednesday.
Yippee!!

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
Quote from: "camerooney"
Mine will be here no later than next Wednesday.
Yippee!!

good on ya

Offline ras

• 2nd Gear
Yet again more delays, this excuse is that the car was booked on a transport from sydney on the 24th, friday last week, however it did not go untill yesterday the 29th so i wont get my car untill next week, the sales manager was apologetic but did not offer anymore than being able to deliver it to my door, i only live 5min drive from the dealer.

but at least i shuold have it time for christmas!!! I hope!!

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
It'll take the dealer at most 2 days to get everything ready as far as I know.
Well, my prior understanding was that it was going to take two weeks for them to get everything ready, but the dealer has assured me that it will be all fixed up asap.

I hope yours comes next week ras. Look on the bright side, atleast they know where it is roughly and at least its in the country...lol

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
RAS

Unlucky, I went in their yesterday to have a look and see if yours (slash could have been mine lol) was there yet and the Sales manager seemed to play dumb about it. Saying it might be in the fleet yard or some rubbish.

Checked up on (hopefully) my one the boat did dock on the 30th, Sales Manager reckoned I'd be driving it in 10 days. (Should I hold my breath?)

All I can say is Woe betide ye who may cross me again and stop me from getting my i30!

Offline ras

• 2nd Gear
YAY, i took delivery of my i30 crdi SLX this morning at last, nearly 4 months.

Daniel I toldthe guy who dropped it off about the attempted sale to you and he knew about it but did not comment much more, just said it was  glitch in the sales system and the car had not been assigned yet. He also said that yours would be in soon.

I did not relise this when i test drove the car, i must have just put the clutch in by default, but the thing wont start unless the clutch is depressed!!.

Drove to where i was working today and used 1 st to 2nd then droped straight to 4th, also takes some getting used to manual again after driving an auto for 3yrs.

WIll be taking it on abit of run this weeken, about 800KM round trip, will need to fill up before going as it nly had half a tank on delivery.

For those wondering spare is full size alloy and 2 fobes.

Also HALO is disabled by default now they said they can turn it on if i want at the 1 month free checkup. Has anyone found this feature useful?

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Well it looks like I should be getting my car next Friday or Saturday (these are the only days I can pick it up, and it won't be ready this Friday or Saturday).

Seeing as on Halloween I was told I'd be driving it by the 10th, once again it's not hapenning.

Good to hear you've got yours RAS, sounds typical, that he played dumb about the situation.

It looks like they aren't willing to give me compensation, so I'm getting some legal advice.

Anyway I'm looking at getting a Scangauage II atm.

Regards

Daniel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal