i30 Owners Club

Hyundai Develops Own Six–Speed Automatic for Improved Fuel Efficiency

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Nilesh... Gee you've been active on the site since I visited you ...  :razz: (you seem to enjoy it as much as I do... )

Maybe I'll have to visit some other members ...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
Hiya dazz...yea I knw... :) but actually before you came down here I was busy with my exams ( thats why I was tight with time). My exams were over in november and since then I've been pretty regular.
This site is fun moreover its the people.
Cheers :D

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Thanks Nilesh,to me this sounds like another DSG as VW use, they use two main sharfts each with it's own clutch, so not a normal auto, but very fast shifting as the gears go from one main sharft to another, they almost get same economy as manuel, but i think they would be a stronger gear box, as most 5 or six speeds have one main sharft and when you use 5th or 6th you are on the counter shaft so not as much support. still Hyundai have huge resourses and could just about make anything. it is good that they can, most manufactures find it cheaper to out sorce gear box's . i like the idea or having a car that is 100% in house so to speak. how do the rest of you feel?

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Torque converter and planetary gearsets, sounds like a conventional auto-magic to me - not a DSG.  I do agree tho lakes, an in house design should yeild a more integrated design.  Most of the Germans seem to be using the ZF, same as the Falcon.  Went for a spin in a new XR6 today, had the 6 speed ZF - nice box, nicer motor!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal