i30 Owners Club

i30 turbo reviews

diablo · 11 · 4561

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
The reviewers have finally got to drive the new turbo and some give it positive reviews.

:link: Hyundai?s New 183hp i30 Turbo Driven: Everyday Thrills For Everyone?
:link: Hyundai i30 Turbo review | Auto Express

one which is less good -

:link: Hyundai i30 Turbo (2015) review by CAR Magazine

I've been reading reviews of other makers warm to hot hatches and they are all unsuitable for my needs for a variety of reasons.  The i30 turbo seems to the best for me, so I'll probably have a test drive when they hit the showrooms.

I notice from another thread that the Veloster turbo needs servicing every six months and I assume that will also apply to the i30, that will put me off a bit.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I don't understand why Hyundai reduced the power of the same engine that was used in the Veloster, 201hp down to 183hp :disapp: positive side would be a chip or better still re-map will give you an extra 30 + ponies  :)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
I notice from another thread that the Veloster turbo needs servicing every six months and I assume that will also apply to the i30, that will put me off a bit.

Don't expect those intervals to apply for the UK, the other thread is for OZ and they have only 15.000 km intervals for the normal i30 whereas most of Europe have 30.000 km intervals.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort

Don't expect those intervals to apply for the UK, the other thread is for OZ and they have only 15.000 km intervals for the normal i30 whereas most of Europe have 30.000 km intervals.

The Veloster in Oz also has a 7,500 km limit for servicing I notice - half of their normal one.

Though I've just checked up on the Ceed GT with the 200hp engine and that is 1 year /10,000 miles, whichever comes sooner.  :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Though I've just checked up on the Ceed GT with the 200hp engine and that is 1 year /10,000 miles, whichever comes sooner.  :D

Must be a climate related thing...

Thanks for the reviews, bookmarked for later!  :goodjob:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
I dont know if id want to leave my car having 30,000km service intervals. Thats awfully high
  • 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
It seem's like the European's get the get the low Hp version, must be only in the states and Oz they get the 201hp even saying that the veloster in the states isn't doing well  their 3rd lowest sale's car so they might also pull the plug on it over there.

I reckon if the new Hy i20 wrc car shows good gain's when it's launched in 2016 I bet there will be a fully blown i20 turbo road car.

They're already testing the 2016 car and say it's better than the current car but postponed it launch till 2016

Even in that camo disguise it looks the dogs bollocks

:link: Hyundai delays new World Rally Championship i20 to 2016 - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Diablo, when you go for a road test have a good mooch around it coz in one of the reviews they mentions its pretty quiet,
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks again for the reviews Diablo. I found them interesting. Not that we are getting the turbo model in Australia at this stage..  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Nice review! I'd be keen on one here in NZ but it's not coming. Interesting they say the discontinued Turbo Volester as it's not discontinued here in NZ or the USA. Australia is still showing them too. Maybe the intro of the Turbo i30 was a replacement of the Volester in the european market.
  • 2016 i30 Elite Limited 2.0L Auto Phantom Black Pearl

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria

Nice review! I'd be keen on one here in NZ but it's not coming. Interesting they say the discontinued Turbo Volester as it's not discontinued here in NZ or the USA. Australia is still showing them too. Maybe the intro of the Turbo i30 was a replacement of the Volester in the european market.

Yep Veloster was axed from european because of poor sales where the i30 3door was more popular... Possibly explains the 3door hot hatch

In Australia the 3door was axed because of poor sales, but I think it would gave a loy to do with being euro built and not that competive where Hyundai positioned it in Australia as an entry level model
  • 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal