i30 Owners Club

Another SR Review. Generally very favourable - Summary a bit contradictory!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti
A very well and honest written review. Makes me feel proud again for buying the new i30.
Thanks for sharing!
  • 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Sounds like a real winner for people who purchase it and Hyundai. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Good review, and as others have said makes me proud to drive it. Only done 600kms as been working away but the engine is starting to free up a bit which is refreshing. :goodjob2:

Like the review states, the premium sound system could be louder along with the exhaust note  :crazy1:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Like the review states, the premium sound system could be louder along with the exhaust note  :crazy1:
Exhaust note is an easy fix, replace the very restricted rear muffler with a stainless Walker straight through design and you'll be good to go, it will have a slight crackle to the note and probably a couple of HP gain :)

The factory cats and resonator will prevent any droning sound.

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth

Exhaust note is an easy fix, replace the very restricted rear muffler with a stainless Walker straight through design and you'll be good to go, it will have a slight crackle to the note and probably a couple of HP gain :)

The factory cats and resonator will prevent any droning sound.

Have you tried stainless Walker rear box? may just drill a couple of  drainage holes  :victory:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Have you tried stainless Walker rear box? may just drill a couple of  drainage holes  :victory:
I used a Walker straight through (still got a new one sitting in the garage🙂)when I first began testing different systems, it works well and sounds nice if only wanting to do the bare minimum.

I definitely wouldn't be drilling holes in the stock muffler :disapp: it wont give you the same effect.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:51:25 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal