Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) Explanation

Dazzler · 13 · 5907

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
This guy (John Condoban) is quite a fan of the new PD i30 and has been driving a PD SR for some time. He gives a simple explanation of the way they work and is going to do 3 more videos about them which I will try and remember to add to this thread.

:link: DCTs for Dummies. (How dual clutch transmissions really work.) - YouTube
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Watched that one last night, he's different. Also wonder if he's sponsored by Kia / Hyundai.  Love his Ford rants though. DCT series should be interesting
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Watched that one last night, he's different. Also wonder if he's sponsored by Kia / Hyundai.  Love his Ford rants though. DCT series should be interesting

He gets accused of that a lot, but he also likes Subaru and Mazda and a few others. He reckons it's more about the ones he recommends avoiding like Ford, Holden, VW etc..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
He annoys me to no end that guy but it was still a good introduction to DCT's, I'm interested to see his further updates :goodjob2:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
He annoys me to no end that guy but it was still a good introduction to DCT's, I'm interested to see his further updates :goodjob2:
Yeah, generally I don't watch him but after watching a few more episodes and turning on my auto filter to sift out some of his "madness" they can be interesting.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah, generally I don't watch him but after watching a few more episodes and turning on my auto filter to sift out some of his "madness" they can be interesting.

Occasionally he's almost normal (like in this one)  :crazy1: :snigger:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

I must be blind  :snigger: This , this one or another this one? Or That one? or do you mean the DCT Video :crazy2:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Also, notice that crazy beard, I clicked on some of his others hoping to see it , now that would have been amusing :wacko:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I must be blind  :snigger: This , this one or another this one? Or That one? or do you mean the DCT Video :crazy2:

This (the DCT video) He didn't even use a glass dildo as a phone in this one!  :D

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I enjoyed that :D thanks :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It filled in some gaps in my knowledge.

I liked his air bag one too. He is almost normal in that one. I must say I quite like his style, but could see how others don't.

Oh and as for his digging into some of the car makers. If anything he was saying was wrong, I'm sure the multi national car makers would instruct one of their junior lawyers to shut him down.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
It filled in some gaps in my knowledge.

I liked his air bag one too. He is almost normal in that one. I must say I quite like his style, but could see how others don't.

Oh and as for his digging into some of the car makers. If anything he was saying was wrong, I'm sure the multi national car makers would instruct one of their junior lawyers to shut him down.
Yes, That has my curiosity too. He does not old back.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal