i30 Owners Club

LED Number Plate and Interior Lights

DeeTee · 137 · 61898

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You wont be disappointed

Bought, now the wait :)  I've been following @CraigB recommendation from shampoo to drying towels, and now LED, been good so far - so I'll continue to stick to his recommendation  :victory: :goodjob2:
:happydance: :hatoff:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
@CraigB Reverse LED arrived and now installed !!! .. woohoo :) Now im going back into my hole again until someone else make another LED recommendation  :crazy1: :rofl:
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@CraigB Reverse LED arrived and now installed !!! .. woohoo :) Now im going back into my hole again until someone else make another LED recommendation  :crazy1: :rofl:
That was quick  :goodjob2: which ones did you get, the type I’m currently using or the new generation? I might order some of the new gen type to test and see how they compare :)

Have you done the indicators yet :mrgreen:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Which ones did you get, the type I’m currently using or the new generation? I might order some of the new gen type to test and see how they compare

Have you done the indicators yet

I got the new gen that you recommended - :link: 2PCS 12V 24V 60W LED CREE T15 W16W Car Reverse Turn Signal Backup Light bulb | eBay

I haven't test it out yet, will do in a few mins when I am taking the family out for ice cream.

Regarding to indicators - That seem to require more effort to remove and replace them, also the LED have to be yellow right?  Any recommendation? :P

Update:  Oh wow, reverse camera at night is no longer grainy.  I should have done this sooner.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:14:34 by Blazorax »

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Indicators are here :link: 1 x Canbus BRIGHT AMBER LED INDICATOR BULB No Hyperflash BAU15S PY21W ? Classic Car LEDs

They’re extremely bright though no resistors are required with these, crustycottage amd myself are running these and love em :)

I've noticed they now have an option for 750 lumen bulbs which are currently out of stock ( 10 days till re-stocked ), they might be a better option as the 1500 lumen bulbs are super bright.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 18:54:42 by CraigB »

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
they might be a better option as the 1500 lumen bulbs are super bright.

Too late bro, already paid  :)  Now the wait.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Geez you’re quick :)

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Geez you’re quick

After all your good recommendations so far, i took your words as gospel.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Geez you’re quick

After all your good recommendations so far, i took your words as gospel.
Gospel from the good book says you will see the light :D

Offline ziggy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW Australia
I too got the LED backup lights recommended by CraigB. I had no trouble replacing them in the current model SR but with the daughters GD SR I can't get the old ones out. The holder goes loose when I turn it  but will not pull out from the light assembly. I did the same on the new car and it simply pulled out.  Is there something different in the 2 models?  By the way CraigB your recommendation for these lights was spot on. They are great!! :happydance: :happydance:
  • I30 SR GD4

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
By the way CraigB your recommendation for these lights was spot on. They are great!! :happydance: :happydance:
:hatoff:

Just have to wiggle them around a bit to get them out on the GD, if they're going to be really stubborn you might have to remove the light to do it.

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth

As Craig stated they plug straight ini and are superbright. other road users will definitely see you indicating so no worries there.  :cool:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
After all these LED upgrade, I will no doubt have a flashy rear  :rofl:  comparable to Kim Kardashian

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
After all these LED upgrade, I will no doubt have a flashy rear  :rofl:  comparable to Kim Kardashian
Hopefully it looks more flashy than a Kardashian rear :sicky: those rears need their own reverse alarms :D

Offline ziggy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW Australia
Thanks CraigB, I just wasn't sure of how much I could pull on the globe holders. These do really make a difference especially on the reversing camera at night.  Would never thought of changing globes if I hadn't seen it on this forum. Great place for help. Cheers all :) :)
  • I30 SR GD4

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks CraigB, I just wasn't sure of how much I could pull on the globe holders. These do really make a difference especially on the reversing camera at night.  Would never thought of changing globes if I hadn't seen it on this forum. Great place for help. Cheers all :) :)
You're welcome :goodjob2:

Yes they make a huge difference, the comparable differences between the two bulb types are so dramatic that car companies should be fitting these for safety standards, plus it clears up the grainy rear camera issues :)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thought I'd upload a couple of photos to show the quality of the new generation LED reverse lights.

Not that the previous were poor at 500Lm but the new one's are a little brighter at 600Lm with fewer LED chips, they also make use of reflection technology which the last generation didn't have.

Nice and bright

Clarity of revision cam which also shows how the reverse lights illuminate the houses across the road.

Bought from reliable Aussie supplier :link: 2PCS 12V 24V 60W LED CREE T15 W16W Car Reverse Turn Signal Backup Light bulb | eBay
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 13:30:59 by CraigB »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Impressive.  Wish the PD camera was that clear at night. Even with the LED reverse light, still quite grainy.  :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
It seem quite clear when I used that on my PD2 - did you get the new LED CraigB suggested bro?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It seem quite clear when I used that on my PD2 - did you get the new LED CraigB suggested bro?

Mine are the earlier ones I think. It helped a lot, but still quite grainy. Nothing like the picture Craig posted.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ziggy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW Australia
I put the globes CraigB  suggested into both my daughters GD and my PD and the camera in both is like his picture shows, not grainy. I live in a retirement village and the lights light up the house across the road. Really you cannot compare to old globes. These should be standard. Excuse the pun but the led globes are brilliant.
  • I30 SR GD4

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hopefully it looks more flashy than a Kardashian rear

Installed - the indicator is so flashy now - pure sexiness

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Hopefully it looks more flashy than a Kardashian rear

Installed - the indicator is so flashy now - pure sexiness

I wasn't kidding when I said they were bright. Hand out those welding masks.  :goodjob2:  :cool:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
it was bright this afternoon - yet just took the family to dinner just then - it is so bloody bright at night -  You are sure not lying regarding welding mask.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The 750 lumen bulbs are back in stock if anyone is interested :link: 1 x Canbus BRIGHT AMBER LED INDICATOR BULB No Hyperflash BAU15S PY21W ? Classic Car LEDs

The standard halogen 21W indicator bulb ranges anywhere from 250 (coloured) to 360 lumens (clear), Classic Car Led has two brightness options with their LED bulbs ranging from 750 lumen to 1500 lumen.

The 1500 lumen bulbs are as bright as headlights so be warned of their brightness...the 750's might be the better choice.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 16:09:03 by CraigB »

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
I am gonna do the lazy thing and ask which LEDs are suitable for the boot compartment.

I bought some but they were too big to fit
  • 2018 PD Active 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Plat. Silver

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I am gonna do the lazy thing and ask which LEDs are suitable for the boot compartment.

I bought some but they were too big to fit
Should be 31mm like these if they're the festoon type :link: 4X 12V 31MM FESTOON 7020 4 LED CAR UTE 4WD INTERIOR DOME MAP LIGHT BULB GLOBE | eBay

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
Should be 31mm like these if they're the festoon type

Ah, I got the 36mm. Thank you
  • 2018 PD Active 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Plat. Silver

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline ziggy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW Australia
I changed the  interior festoon globes to LED a little while ago. What I found was the metal section of the standard festoons globes fitted by Hyundai were a little shorter than a standard 31mm globe ( globe overall about 29mm) and also the 2 u shaped contacts holding the globes in where a little closer together. When fitting the new LED 31mm globes the heatsink on the back of the globes shorted on the U shaped retainers. Easily fixed with a little pressure on the retainers to spread them a little further apart. Problem solved.  Same with the light in the boot. Also it did not matter what polarity you put the LED's in, they worked in both directions. The new LEDs where the same ones in the link CraigB provided. Big difference in light output and no longer a yellowish colour , now a bright white.
  • I30 SR GD4

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal