i30 Owners Club

Turbo Boost Pressure Sensor

Offline Zane Maxwell

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Hi Guys,

I have ordered and received my RaceChip GTS which will work on my current 2018 i30 SR Premium. Has anyone used this product and can assist with installation?

I need serious help in identifying and finding where the turbo boost pressure sensor is in the engine bay. After speaking to the service department, they have advised it is underneath the air intake box near the intercooler but have not had success in finding it.

Can anyone send a picture (if possible) of what it looks like and where it is. Thank you.
  • i30 SR Premium

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
*Note: The BOOST map sensor is located on the pipe before the throttle body,

This set up is from the Lap3 Pro-Tuner. Which is similar to the Racechip that you have..
So the set up should be very much the same..  Maybe just labelled a little bit different..
:link: LAP3 | LAP3 FORUM

But please come back when it is installed & let us know how the car runs..
As I'm interested in getting the Racechip RS for my SR
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Zane Maxwell

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Thank you for the response. Even following that guide and then looking under the bonnet of my own car. I have absolutely no idea where the Turbo Pressure Boost sensor is. The Race chip has 3 sensors it needs to connect to and I can locate 2/3 successfully just not the boost sensor.
  • i30 SR Premium

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Thank you for the response. Even following that guide and then looking under the bonnet of my own car. I have absolutely no idea where the Turbo Pressure Boost sensor is. The Race chip has 3 sensors it needs to connect to and I can locate 2/3 successfully just not the boost sensor.
Hmmmm, maybe ask the provider of your unit ?  :undecided:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
As I put in the other post..

Just under the stock air filter..

Offline Zane Maxwell

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Ok that diagram is good. I'll have another look. I took the stock airbox out and replaced it a cold air intake so it's more accessible anyway. I'll let you know how I go with it. Thanks
  • i30 SR Premium

Offline Zane Maxwell

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria

I’ve uploaded 2 photos of my engine bay where the air box was before I added the cold air intake. Is it possible to see the turbo boost sensor from these pictures because if you can are you able to circle or point it out for me please as I’m still not sure even after you sent that diagram.
  • i30 SR Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Zane Maxwell

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Thats what I thought too. Thank you. Can anyone else comment if this is correct or not too just so I don't make a mistake? There isn't really anything it could plug in to so assuming it must be the turbo sensor
  • i30 SR Premium

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Looks to be where I've circled

I'll 100% agree with that... :goodjob2:

Offline Zane Maxwell

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Alrighty I'll install it tomorrow and let you guys know how it runs and stuff. Thanks again
  • i30 SR Premium

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Alrighty I'll install it tomorrow and let you guys know how it runs and stuff. Thanks again

Keen to know how you went with the install and the difference in performance?
  • 2018 i30 N-Line Premium 1.6T Polar White

Offline ricleo

• 2nd Gear

• sg Singapore

• 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.4T, Auto, Black
Thats what I thought too. Thank you. Can anyone else comment if this is correct or not too just so I don't make a mistake? There isn't really anything it could plug in to so assuming it must be the turbo sensor

as long as racechip gave you the correct wiring harness, the plug must match to your supplied harness, so unplug and try, if the shape fits it should work?
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.4T, Auto, Black

Offline Zane Maxwell

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Hey guys,

Chip was successfully installed and all I can say is.... WOW.

The instant feedback the car gives you in terms of throttle response is insane. None of that hard revving before the turbo kicks in as turbo lag is non - existent.

My car is certainly faster, not sure how many extra kw it puts out, the GTS advertised like 34 or something but I haven't had a proper dyno to confirm anything. Would highly recommend looking past the price and just going for it.

I feel like I own a brand new car in the performance side of things, no regrets and would strongly recommend to anyone. Thanks for all your help.
  • i30 SR Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal