i30 Owners Club

Lane Assist Beeping

Offline Tristan60d

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South East QLD
Is there a way to turn off the lane assist beeping or at least turn the volume down without turning the steering guidance off?

I tend to drive close to the left and found it kept beeping at me, including when driving over into the next lane (on purpose) if there was a car parked on the side of the road or I was overtaking etc.

What does everyone do with their lane assist... is it something you get used to or do you disable it unless on long highway drives etc?

p.s. this is just something I noticed after driving the car for one night and may be something I just need to adapt to :)
  • i30 SR PD2 Premium Auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I disabled mine, both the the alert and the assist. I thought there were separate settings for both.

Before I disabled mine I didn't seem to think it was very loud, but you are the 2nd person to mention this recently. Maybe it is louder in the PD2?

I guess you would get used to the assist but it kind of feels like the car is tramlining to me.  :undecided:

I probably should try and persevere as a do tend to wander in my lane a bit!  :-[
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Tristan60d

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South East QLD
I don’t mind wandering in my lne as long as I know I am doing it! Haha

I wouldn’t say it is unbearably loud but is certainly annoying especially when listening to music.

P.s. dazz is it your job to allow photos in the gallery? I got some waiting in the pd album :)

Offline Tristan60d

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South East QLD
Ooops never mind it is in there now! Thanks :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Ooops never mind it is in there now! Thanks :)

Yep, I approved it a while back. If there are any indecent photos we like to have a good look at them 1st!  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal