i30 Owners Club

Headlights are dim (Hyundai i30 2013 GD - 1,591 - 135 hp)

Offline leomess30

• 1st Gear

• il Israel
Hello, I've got a serious problem with my i30, both headlights are really dim(seriously, they are really dim and unusable).
I've tried replacing bulbs multiple times, no difference.
The plastic is clear.
I thought about checking if one of the fuses is blown but couldn't find where is the fuse belonged to the headlights is located(yes, I've checked the car manual).
Does anybody have any idea how to fix this seriously annoying problem?
the high beams are working perfectly and so as the fog lights, it's just the headlights that are dim.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 10:27:00 by leomess30 »
  • i30

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hello, I've got a serious problem with my i30, both headlights are really dim(seriously, they are really dim and unusable).
I've tried replacing bulbs multiple times, no difference.
The plastic is clear.
I thought about checking if one of the fuses is blown but couldn't find where is the fuse belonged to the headlights is located(yes, I've checked the car manual).
Does anybody have any idea how to fix this seriously annoying problem?
the high beams are working perfectly and so as the fog lights, it's just the headlights that are dim.
Thanks.
Not going to be able to help you much with this one but the lights are controlled by the IPS module so it's not like the  old setup with relays and fuses but more by circuitry. There's 2 60amp fuses F8 and F2 but if they were gone you would not have high beams either. You may have to take it to the dealer or someone who has a high level scanner that can do the same as the factory diagnostics.  You could check the earth points which are on the rails towards the front behind the bumper but the left high beam has the same earth mount as the left low,  righ hi and low have separate earths.

I guess you could check what voltage is at the low beam connector.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Could it be the bulb levelling toggle/wheel is set to low instead of high :undecided: set to highest level if possible then you might still fine the beams can be set slightly higher via the bulb adjustment screws under the bonnet.

Offline leomess30

• 1st Gear

• il Israel
I'll go out in a few hours when it's dark and take some pictures so you can better understand the lightning condition.
  • i30

Offline i30estate2016

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Scotland
Try the Philips X-TremeVision bulbs. I have used them in my i30 and my last car i40 which had the dimmest light ever,so these make a big difference and last well too. H7 are size for my car and I put them in Highs,Lows,Cornering and the Philips small bulbs in side lights. Not cheap but will make a massive difference.

• i30 Estate 1.6 CRDi 2016

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
I'll go out in a few hours when it's dark and take some pictures so you can better understand the lightning condition.

????
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

????

Must have got lost in the dark!  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal