i30 Owners Club

Well I didn't see that coming.. New Aussie vehicle Manufacturer.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :blubber: :welcomeback: :clapthanks:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Steven Horvath and Joh Bjelke Petersen would be laughing.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Is it 1st of April again?

Yeah I thought the same thing but apparently they have plenty of high profile people from other car companies involved. With how 2020 has kicked so many things in the guts I'm not holding my breath. Very optomistic to base it around hydrogen fuel cell tech. Hyundai and Toyota haven't been been able to move sicnificant numbers yet.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Yeah I thought the same thing but apparently they have plenty of high profile people from other car companies involved. With how 2020 has kicked so many things in the guts I'm not holding my breath. Very optomistic to base it around hydrogen fuel cell tech. Hyundai and Toyota haven't been been able to move sicnificant numbers yet.
Sorry Daz, high profile people linked to a project do not make a commercially viable vehicle manufacturer case. Pie in the sky at best, outright con artistry at worst. In case it went unnoticed, hydrogen fuel is too hard to handle, hence most if not all manufacturers abandoned the idea after their own trials. Check John Cadogan's piece on automotive use of hydrogen. I call bullshit on this.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sorry Daz, high profile people linked to a project do not make a commercially viable vehicle manufacturer case. Pie in the sky at best, outright con artistry at worst. In case it went unnoticed, hydrogen fuel is too hard to handle, hence most if not all manufacturers abandoned the idea after their own trials. Check John Cadogan's piece on automotive use of hydrogen. I call bullshit on this.

Fair call Hati, I know you call a spade a spade. I'm keeping an open mind. I think Toyota and Hyundai are still persevering. I don't take much notice of John these days.. Bloody legend in his own lunchtime. He likes the sound of his own voice way too much in my opinion.  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal