i30 Owners Club

Is this a great price?

Offline vinothl

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
Hi All!
Always been a fan of the hyundai i30 and am considering to buy one but many have warned me about the unreliability of Hyundai compared to other brands like Toyota and Skoda, what does everyone think of this?
Also i'm specifically looking at two cars:
- 2011 Hyundai i30 SLX Manual with 100,00km for just under $6000 
- 2012 Hyundai i30 Trophy Manual with 74,000km for $7,200

I really care about reliability and depreciation, what do you all think about these prices, I'm a first time buyer of any car and really need some advice.

Thank you :)
  • Hyundai i30 slx 2011

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"
caradvice.com.au, carsguide.com.au, carsales.com.au and gumtree.com.au all (or at least some of them) have great price guides. I'm sure someone here can help, but these sites are worth checking out, as well.
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome,

It really annoys me when people tell others that. It is utter rubbish. Early Hyundai's were very agricultural, but were generally still reasonably reliable. There are heaps of early Hyundais still on the road.

The i30 and other recent Hyundai models have won or been near the top of several reliability surveys in various parts of the world including Uk, USA and Australia.   :cool:

I'm not having a shot at you, just saying it as it is.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi All!
Always been a fan of the hyundai i30 and am considering to buy one but many have warned me about the unreliability of Hyundai compared to other brands like Toyota and Skoda, what does everyone think of this?
Also i'm specifically looking at two cars:
- 2011 Hyundai i30 SLX Manual with 100,00km for just under $6000 
- 2012 Hyundai i30 Trophy Manual with 74,000km for $7,200

I really care about reliability and depreciation, what do you all think about these prices, I'm a first time buyer of any car and really need some advice.

Thank you :)

Early on they were a budget machine, cheap, basic, bland but reliable.
The first FD i30 was a start as to where they were heading,  continuing to evolve and improve and by 2010 were a well sorted, trusted name. All models followed and are excellent value for money.  I  paid  $10, 300 for 2012 Trophy manual with 52k km on it 15 months ago.
As for reliability,  Toyota is good  👍, as for the Skoda , I  think they were gaving a lend of you   :rofl:
7 yrs old, 74k km for $7200 should represent good value. If in doubt,  get it independently checked out.  Keep us posted.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal