i30 Owners Club

Driver door not latching intermittently 2009 hatch

Cathy · 7 · 2194

Offline Cathy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Hi, have the driver door not closing intermittently, mechanic recently advised it may be faulty actuator and is connected to solenoid for locking all doors as it is the drivers door. $$$
Looking for possible used parts, any help? Location Perth region WA. Thanks
  • 2009 i30 hatch

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Cathy,

Sorry to hear of your problem.

I'm not Mr Fix it around here unless someone is naughty and I have to smack their behind, but I thought I needed to clarify something for those who are.

By close, do you mean lock. The actuator is more to do with locking and unlocking. It would be a latch problem if it won't close properly (that is more  of a mechanical rather than electronic issue)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Welcome Cathy,

Sorry to hear of your problem.

I'm not Mr Fix it around here unless someone is naughty and I have to smack their behind, but I thought I needed to clarify something for those who are.

By close, do you mean lock. The actuator is more to do with locking and unlocking. It would be a latch problem if it won't close properly (that is more  of a mechanical rather than electronic issue)

Dazz has beat me to the question of clarifying the concern but in the end it is irrelevant as the latch and lock actuator are a single unit.

If you aren't able to buy new give the wreckers a call or get on ebay and search for door lock actuator.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Cathy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Hi there, the door does not latch, as in it simply does not move to catch on. But it does so only intermittently......??
  • 2009 i30 hatch

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi there, the door does not latch, as in it simply does not move to catch on. But it does so only intermittently......??

Thanks for the clarification Cathy. Cruiserfied (Tim) is a service manager so what he says is on the money.  :goodjob:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Thanks for the clarification Cathy. Cruiserfied (Tim) is a service manager so what he says is on the money.  :goodjob:

Globally recognized Hyundai Master Technician Dazz  :P :P :P
Service manager is the goal though.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Globally recognized Hyundai Master Technician Dazz  :P :P :P
Service manager is the goal though.

Whoops I forgot about that (it's been a while)  :snigger:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal