i30 Owners Club

new battery recommendations

kroner · 3 · 1225

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi guys.
recentle replaced my FD for a GD (who reently had a battery replaced for a supercharge)
it got hail damage, and I made the mistake of not taking the new battery out before handing the car over to the insurance company :-(
I used to buy supercharge batteries directly from supercharge offices in Sydney, and got a great price, however, they no longer sell to the public.

can you please give me some recommendations of batteries, and where to buy them?

PS: does anyone know how to disengage the EPB manually, when your battery is dead?

thanks
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 04:25:11 by kroner »
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I love my lithiumax battery but don’t think you’ll want to know the cost :snigger:

I highly recommend the Bosch S5 silver calcium batteries, they’re extremely long life in modern cars compared to standard lead batteries and substantially lighter, search Bosch S5 Sydney and I’m sure you’ll find plenty of places stock them.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi guys.
recentle replaced my FD for a GD (who reently had a battery replaced for a supercharge)
it got hail damage, and I made the mistake of not taking the new battery out before handing the car over to the insurance company :-(
I used to buy supercharge batteries directly from supercharge offices in Sydney, and got a great price, however, they no longer sell to the public.

can you please give me some recommendations of batteries, and where to buy them?

PS: does anyone know how to disengage the EPB manually, when your battery is dead?

thanks
For the park brake, can you not either jumper it or put a charger on it to give it enough power just to do that?  If ign on is needed maybe also disconnect the lead to the glow plugs or the fuse and that may be enough power saved to actuate the brakes. I had the same issue with an auction vehicle, EPB, Battery was toast / boiled over, I had an old battery , not enough to start the car, it actually went haywire and christmas treed with lights when I tried (push button) .

Next attempt I just had it on ign and just had enough to opearte them. I may have even had the charger connected too for a few extra amps.

I don't think there is a way with no power
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal