i30 Owners Club

Rust on Rear doors

Offline Pauldon56

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Norfolk
I have a 2010 (60) plate i30 hatchback comfort model. Noticed yesterday rust on both rear doors at the top under the rubber seal. 3 spots on offside door and 1 spot on nearside. I'm 100% sure Hyundai UK will claim it's not covered by warranty so I'm not even bothering with them. I live 26 miles from the coast so it's not corrosion caused by sea air.  So I will have to find a body shop to repair (at my cost) really disappointed that a 6 year old car is rusty,and that I'm not a one off. To me it looks like it's a Hyundai Fault.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 Comfort Auto 2010

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry to hear that...  :disapp: Not a common fault, but that doesn't help you...  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
As you haven't contacted Hy UK how can you speculate on what they will decide. Give them a fair chance at least. :exclaim:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I have a 2010 (60) plate i30 hatchback comfort model. Noticed yesterday rust on both rear doors at the top under the rubber seal. 3 spots on offside door and 1 spot on nearside. I'm 100% sure Hyundai UK will claim it's not covered by warranty so I'm not even bothering with them. I live 26 miles from the coast so it's not corrosion caused by sea air.  So I will have to find a body shop to repair (at my cost) really disappointed that a 6 year old car is rusty,and that I'm not a one off. To me it looks like it's a Hyundai Fault.
Just in regard to your last sentence,  I refer back to my post, reply #22. Regardless of what  you might have been told, the weight of numbers among our membership would suggest it's not a common fault.
Which doesn't h3lp your situation I agree.
But I'd at least be talking to Hyundai.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I'm fairly sure the paintwork warranty only covers pentrative rust anyway (ie, that which has corroded from within) but seek advice from Hy, as advised.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Pauldon56

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Norfolk
Because I read all posts on this topic and Hyundai UK have stated not covered above window line. Did you read all posts?

Offline Pauldon56

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Norfolk
Rust is blown so it shows coming from under the paint, it's just under the rubber seal. So that's where the problem comes from. I have looked at others who posted photos and it's in the same place. So it's happened to more than one car in exactly the same place. Also regarding Hyundai UK I have had dealings with them before regarding a warranty issue and I found the Hyundai UK Customer service to be less than unhelpful

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Isn't body covered by 10 years but inside to outside unless manufactur fault.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal